Archived Topic

BYU with more ESPN love

by ABYUFAN · 8/18/2011

Advertisement
D
dsmith1212
Even more love and info from the "Non-AQ" chat today with Andrea Adelson:



"Devin (Ogden, UT)



The BYU-Utah rivalry is one of the best and fiercest in the country (believe me, I'm a BYU fan and a Utah student). The rivalry should be in full force this year, but do you think the intensity will diminish with the game being played earlier in the season?



Andrea Adelson (3:04 PM)



I have asked this of BYU players I have had a chance to speak with and they all say no. But it is hard to believe the intensity will be at full throttle in September, with no conference championship on the line. These teams are playing for bragging rights, which is important. But in the grand scheme ... if Utah drops this game it still has a shot at winning the Pac-12 and going to a BCS game. That was never the case in the MWC.



Adam (Salt Lake City, UT)



How do you see the BYU-Utah game going this year? News out of Salt Lake show a strong defense with a weak offense, and with Utah coming off a game at USC the week before, win or lose, Utah could still be recovering by the time they reach Provo. Will the result in Austin the previous week key the result against Utah, or will BYU want to send a message to Utah and the Pac-12 so badly that the previous week's results won't matter to them?



Andrea Adelson (3:07 PM)



At this point, I like BYU. Almost won last year on the road. BYU is a much better team. BUT I also want to see how the first few games shake out. Those games you mention, I think, are going to be big factors on the teams going into the game. Also, how does Jordan Wynn do, post-shoulder surgery? How does RB shake out with new guys in there? Will the Utah DL be able to recover and pick up from where it played in the first half of last season?



LT (Birmingham)



Hey Andrea!BYU comes up a lot as a potential team of interest for the Big 12 should Texas A&M leave for the SEC. Is this a smart choice for the Big 12? Also, should BYU give up independence should the Big 12 come calling?



Andrea Adelson (3:12 PM)



For this to happen, the Big 12 has got to accept BYUtv. I think BYU would have to ask for the same type of treatment that Texas has gotten with the Longhorn Network. BYU is going to have 10 games on the ESPN family of networks. Can't say the same if it joins the Big 12. That is exposure that most everyone else can't get. I just don't know that it is a great fit." http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/39772/ncaa-fb-with-adelson
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.