Archived Topic

Trevor Brown Who's he?

by trueblue72 · 8/16/2011

Advertisement
T
trueblue72
I was checking out the numerical Roster today and name popped up that I hadn't seen yet, Trevor Brown? It lists him as a 6'5" tight end. Says he's from Timpview and originally committed to USU. How long has he been with the program? This is the first I've heard of him being at the Y. Is this the kid that played in the 2009 State Championship as QB when Timpview beat Springville. If this is him, I thought this kid was on a mission? obviously he's not, but did he just not play last year at USU? Anyone got any insight? He was pretty darn good in HS, if this is the kid I'm thinking of.
S
SpoCoug
Yes, this is the same Trevor Brown that as QB led Timpview to the 4A State Championship over Springville.



He is Braden Brown's younger brother and their father is a good friend of mine. (I don't mean to name-drop, so please forgive this first-time poster is that is unkosher. But I just thought I'd let you know how I have this information.)



He originally signed with USU then served in the Slovenia/Croatia mission, returning in the spring. After his mission, he was given scholarship opportunities at Maryland, Utah State and Utah, but he chose the Cougs!



He will likely play QB, TE and/or OLB. Right now, with injuries at the TE position, he has been asked to take reps at that spot.
S
SpiffCoug
Slovenia and Croatia?! Best mission in the world!
S
snoscythe
SpiffCoug wrote:
Slovenia and Croatia?! Best mission in the world!

That's my mission. 2000-02.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
G
Guest
My cousin is coming home from that mission in a few weeks.
Advertisement
N
nuk13
SpiffCoug wrote:
Slovenia and Croatia?! Best mission in the world!


I see you've never heard of the Northern States Mission.



I hope Brown gets a better reception than the last guy that came from USU.
S
scott715
I vacationed in that mission a few years ago. Got sick too in Croatia.
C
Cougs_Rule
nuk13 wrote:
Slovenia and Croatia?! Best mission in the world!


I see you've never heard of the Northern States Mission.



I hope Brown gets a better reception than the last guy that came from USU.


"The last guy" got plenty of welcoming, plenty of chances, plenty of love. It was later after plenty of chances that he took a lot of flack.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
K
Kbear
Thanks for the info and welcome Spocoug! :)
M
Mars


I believe he took Pritchard's spot on the active roster.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.