Archived Topic

Running back by committee

by byucougar1 · 8/11/2011

Advertisement
B
byucougar1
http://www.deseretnews.com/mobile/article/700169926/BYU-football-team-says-they-feel-strong-and-secure-at-running-back.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;



RB: JJ, Kariya, Juice, Hine

FB: Mendenhall, I. Pritchard, Alisa



Dupaix said what sets the group apart is great attitude, hungry, athletic and they get after it. This group coupled with our experienced OL is going to make life difficult for defenses and wear them down thus setting up passing game. See OK 2009 game to jog memory.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
Schmoe
I rewatched the Oklahoma game the other day and I'll say this: I know that Juice and JJ are our premier backs, but I wouldn't be surprised to see some fireworks from Kariya again this year. Dude trucked a Sooner or two on almost every run.
R
redneckjedi
Schmoe wrote:
I rewatched the Oklahoma game the other day and I'll say this: I know that Juice and JJ are our premier backs, but I wouldn't be surprised to see some fireworks from Kariya again this year. Dude trucked a Sooner or two on almost every run.


I'd love to see us use him like Tulsa used their fullback against us in '07 at least a couple of times this season: send him deep!



I mean, say it's second and short. Go double TE, with Kariya and JJ in the backfield. They'll probably play the run, keying on Kariya. Play-action to JJ into the middle, with Kariya running a wheel route all the way down the field. Use the TEs to spread the field horizontally, send the WR down the opposite side of the field to occupy the safety. If they suck in on the run, there's a chance Kariya ends up with nobody within 15 yards of him. Touchdown.
S
SpiffCoug
I certainly like our RB by committee approach where JJ, Juice and Kariya combined for 414 carries, 1959 yards, and 19 touchdowns over the Utes.



There are three Utes on their committee, Harvey Langi, Thretton Palamo and John White. And those guys combined for as many carries, yards and touchdowns and Schome, Hawkwing and I did last year for the Utes.
C
CougarClaw
SpiffCoug wrote:
I certainly like our RB by committee approach where JJ, Juice and Kariya combined for 414 carries, 1959 yards, and 19 touchdowns over the Utes.



There are three Utes on their committee, Harvey Langi, Thretton Palamo and John White. And those guys combined for as many carries, yards and touchdowns and Schome, Hawkwing and I did last year for the Utes.


i knew there was something fishy about you three....
Advertisement
G
Guest
It's obvious that they are trying to bring the same philosophy they've cultivated in basketball to football. Namely, have a bunch of untalented nobodies try to do an important job and fail at it.
B
byucougar1
Great article by Talo Steves stating that the key to a great offense is a great about running game. With the BYU pro style offense, as you have a successful run game, it opens up the passing game and play action schemes. You win championships through a balanced offensive attack (great run game couples with great passing game - 2 dimensional attack that is unpredictable.



http://byu.scout.com/2/1095238.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
B
beauso79
Alisa is a wild card being that he's not a true FB. DuPaix must see something in him and hopefully the guy can develop his game and maybe see a move to RB later. A 2 headed monster of Juice/Alisa in the future could be pretty scary
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.