Archived Topic

Fall Camp - Day 4

by byucougar1 · 8/10/2011

Advertisement
B
byucougar1
RBs:

JJ - 2 TDs (26 run; 37 pass)

Juice got first live snaps - cut well - looked good



DBs:



Preston Hadley dislocated TE Colby Jorgensen's shoulder on hit. Very physical, with quick feet, fast breaks/cuts to ball.



LBs:



Ansah continues to shine as a blitzing OLB

Van Noy and Pendleton are very effective combination



WRs:



Dallin Cutler making big plays - very smart and quick



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
B
byucougar1
Van Noy currently playing both sides of field at OLB - today was #1 Sam and Ziggy was #1 Will and had another sack.



Tough competition at LG as both Houston Reynolds and Thorson have played #1 twice.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
G
Guest
We should also point out here that Heaps is having one of the most statistically incredible camps I can ever recall.
R
redneckjedi
Didn't John Beck go all camp without a pick his senior year? Maybe I made that up...
B
byucougar1
Apparently a real barnburner is happening at NT. Fuga is trying to hold off Tuiloma and Fangupo. Hebron also doubling as DE.



Lots of dings/nagging injuries at LB/TE positions. Ogletree (groin); Hadley (lower body); Wilson (sprained ankle); Matthews (shoulder); Friel (hamstring)



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
G
Guest
redneckjedi wrote:
Didn't John Beck go all camp without a pick his senior year? Maybe I made that up...


I remember Brandon Doman and Max Hall talking about what good #s were for a camp at the Big Blue Bash his senior year. He was really lighting it up, but even that wasn't as good as Heaps has been so far.



They specifically mentioned that a 4:1 TD:Int ratio was virtually unbeatable, If I remember right, Max was close to a 3:1. It'll be interesting to see where Heaps ends up.
L
Lawboy
I want to see Tom Brady 2010 numbers for BYU. His stat line was SICK. 9:1 ratio



324 492 3,900 65.9% 7.93ypa 36 TDs 4 Ints



Not that I am aiming too high or anything.
J
jonnylingo
hawkwing wrote:
We should also point out here that Heaps is having one of the most statistically incredible camps I can ever recall.


Jake is really starting to blow me away. I can't believe what he is doing. How does someone keep that up. He has missed what four passes in four days of practice and by practice accounts they were all drops, not his fault. ridiculous. this really could be special the next few years if everybody stays healthy.
G
Guest
jonnylingo wrote:
We should also point out here that Heaps is having one of the most statistically incredible camps I can ever recall.


Jake is really starting to blow me away. I can't believe what he is doing. How does someone keep that up. He has missed what four passes in four days of practice and by practice accounts they were all drops, not his fault. ridiculous. this really could be special the next few years if everybody stays healthy.


I hadn't heard that all of his misses we drops, I did hear that Nelson's two incompletes today were drops by the receivers, but regardless this has been a great camp for Heaps so far and it bodes extremely well for Cougar fans going into the season.
J
jonnylingo
hawkwing wrote:
hawkwing wrote:
We should also point out here that Heaps is having one of the most statistically incredible camps I can ever recall.


Jake is really starting to blow me away. I can't believe what he is doing. How does someone keep that up. He has missed what four passes in four days of practice and by practice accounts they were all drops, not his fault. ridiculous. this really could be special the next few years if everybody stays healthy.


I hadn't heard that all of his misses we drops, I did hear that Nelson's two incompletes today were drops by the receivers, but regardless this has been a great camp for Heaps so far and it bodes extremely well for Cougar fans going into the season.


I think it was JDrew that stated that about the drops. Nelson's receivers dropped them because they got hit as they were catching them. One of the hits I think was by preston hadley and dislocated jorgenson's shoulder. I am certain that this was somehow Nelson's fault as well :) :P
Advertisement
B
byucougar1
Yeah - he should have thrown it away to protect his receiver :-)



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
U
Ungoy
In case anyone is interested, Heaps numbers through the first 4 days of "Rise Up Camp":



21/25 for 337 yds 4 TD, 0 INT



Very, very impressive!
B
byucougar1
According to Bronco, offense is moving the ball balanced manner both passing and running.



Offense scored 2-3 times during team series. Jake led both TD drives. Nelson's one series ended with a whistle sack by Ian Dulan (DE).



Mendenhall attributes Jake's success to his decision making and throwing accuracy.



Dallin Cutler has lowest drop % of all receivers during Spring Ball - could see some time at the Z back.



Ziggy and Dulan each recorded the whistle sack. Ansah has had one each of the four days.



Bronco said KVN playing at higher level than anyone on defense - one of the camp standouts. When Frazier returns, he and Van Noy will be starting in a dead heat.



Sorenson 5/6 on FG; 27 yds - 1; 32 - 1; 42 - 3; 2-2 on PATs;



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
B
byucougar1
Coach M. Also indicated that Holt has been most consistent TE and came into camp in the best shape of all of them.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.