Archived Topic

The impact of walkons to the BYU program

by byucougar1 · 8/9/2011

Advertisement
B
byucougar1
Bronco was very complimentary of a number of walk one who have been playing well in Spring and Fall camp. He notes that some of them play better than schollie players who have more athletic skill. I love the fact that they continue to be another source of talent that we can't otherwise get from just the scholarship route.



One player that Bronco is lauding is NT Simote Vea/5-11/245 from Hauula, HI. He says that Simote jus won't go away and is getting lots of attention with his play. I know there are others out there - and this is exciting news as to the depth they bring to the team and the work they do to push/challenge starters while on the scout team.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
B
byucougar1
My mistake on the weight, I believe he is closer to 270. From Kahuku HS, served mission in Puebla, Mexico, Eagle Scout, majoring in EE. Must be smart, motivates and has leadership skills

Lettered in 2010 and played in 5 games - totalling 1 tackle at No. 4 TCU.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
Schmoe
I was gonna say, NT at 245? Maybe I should try out.
B
byucougar1
You could have the moniker IHOP because most likely you would get pancaked :-)



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.