Archived Topic

Just a Thought

by stuckinbig10country · 8/8/2011

Advertisement
S
stuckinbig10country
People say that the running attack will be better with the new offensive formation. That's awesome, seeing as how the two all-time leading rushers at BYU played in an offensive philosophy that wasn't great for running.
M
mizzoucoug
Watch the replays from last year. Many posters here caught on quickly, and I later on and especially after watching games on byutv, that we were truly dominant in the I formation, both run and pass.
L
Lawboy
SDSU game is a good one to watch. We ran from the I A LOT that game. Ran it down their throats. They were poor vs. the run all year, but we stuffed them all day long.
R
redneckjedi
I like the I because you can do a ton with it, especially if you have backs that can run and catch like we do. It's easy to do a power run game. You can run tosses and sweeps. You can do play action. And you can do drop back passing, with 3 receivers down field and your backs out in the flat, blocking, running wheels or circles, etc. It's also trivial to shift into a pro-set, since only the backs have to move and you have all the personnel on the field already.
M
Mars
Lawboy wrote:
SDSU game is a good one to watch. We ran from the I A LOT that game. Ran it down their throats. They were poor vs. the run all year, but we stuffed them all day long.

It worked so well that Anae abandoned it completely against TCU.

Dang, how am I still bitter about that? :~(
Advertisement
C
CougarClaw
Mars wrote:
SDSU game is a good one to watch. We ran from the I A LOT that game. Ran it down their throats. They were poor vs. the run all year, but we stuffed them all day long.

It worked so well that Anae abandoned it completely against TCU.

Dang, how am I still bitter about that? :~(


:lol:



well we play to NOT lose after all right?
U
urroner
http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2011/02/96553fe6-e3f6-4284-9c9d-5735fa2fe2b0.jpg" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.