M
MarsHe's 6-7. Compare him to fellow TE Richard Wilson, our best endzone tight end last year, who is 6-2.
I wouldn't mind seeing Colby take over the position this fall camp, if he's good enough and ready enough...
by Mars · 8/7/2011
declocoug wrote:
huh? BYU had an endzone TE last year?
Mars wrote:huh? BYU had an endzone TE last year?
In practice, yes. In games, no.
Of course, under Anae, Wilson became the man in the iron mask...
SpiffCoug wrote:
Wilson is a non-factor. He's a tweener with no real position and so he's been bouncing between position for two, three years now. He'll be a non-contributor at BYU.
byucougar1 wrote:
In the TE article by Franchuck, Reynolds specifically states that there is enough room for all three TEs to play given their skill set and what the situation is that plays to their strength. It is quite clear that Wilson has the speed and hands to get the ball and make something happen in the open field. I look for him to be used as an outlet with LB mismatches in pass coverage and quick slants to the middle among other things. Holt will definitely be used for blocking and helping seal off the inside on sweeps. Mahina most likely a pass option in the end zone with his height.
[ Post made via Mobile Device ]http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
byucougar1 wrote:
In the TE article by Franchuck, Reynolds specifically states that there is enough room for all three TEs to play given their skill set and what the situation is that plays to their strength.
Mars wrote:In the TE article by Franchuck, Reynolds specifically states that there is enough room for all three TEs to play given their skill set and what the situation is that plays to their strength.
I agree with Spiff. We need 1-2 TEs that can do everything and thus get the vast majority of the practice and game reps, not the mismatched mess that was last season.
SpiffCoug wrote:I agree with Spiff. We need 1-2 TEs that can do everything and thus get the vast majority of the practice and game reps, not the mismatched mess that was last season.I agree with Mars agreeing with me.
SpiffCoug wrote:byucougar1 wrote:
In the TE article by Franchuck, Reynolds specifically states that there is enough room for all three TEs to play given their skill set and what the situation is that plays to their strength.
I agree with Spiff. We need 1-2 TEs that can do everything and thus get the vast majority of the practice and game reps, not the mismatched mess that was last season.
I agree with Mars agreeing with me.