Archived Topic

Y RUN! Any updates?

by BroncoBot · 8/6/2011

Advertisement
B
BroncoBot
Annual Y run going on right now. FINALLY!!!!!! Let's get this thing started already.
S
SpiffCoug
I go up each Saturday. I got to the Y this morning about 7 and saw nary a bus or football player. So they were either done and gone or were going later this morning.



It takes me just over 45 minutes to go up and back. So unless the team started on the trail at like 5am, I'm not sure they went up today.
Y
Y4LYFE
Word is they did wind sprints instead...ha ha! That means Bronco is testing their conditioning and getting them started fast. The Y run is tough, I'm sure they'll get it soon.
B
byucougar1
If that is the case, Bronco is changing up the conditioning routine to mimic the tough competition that we will face in the beginning of the season. This camp could be brutal in terms of what he will put them through to prepare for opening game. We will need everyone in tip top shape to avoid the injury bug that can crop up with very physical and talented teams not to mention difficult playing conditions.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
B
BYULV
Sounds similar to the changes he made when he retook over the defense last year. All they seemed to do for the first practice or two was run. I like a more aggressive approach. The team will need the extra toughness this year.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
L
Lawboy
CB is trying to make it sounds as if the run got cancelled because too many fans were on Y Mountain, but there is zero proof to support that assertion.



I suspect that the team was geared and ready for it--and that Bronco threw them for a loop to test their mental mettle and to shake things up. Bronco has admitted to doing such things to strengthen his teams mental capabilities. Think you are running a hill then having to do several wind sprints would be a big switch up. Nice start to camp, if you ask me.
S
SpiffCoug
For the record, I go up to the "Y" once or twice a week - usually on Saturday when I'm not working. I was not stalking the team today.



But yeah, switching things last minute would definitely throw a wrench in some guys mental preparation.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.