Archived Topic

BYU = Quality College and NFL QBs

by byucougar1 · 8/5/2011

Advertisement
B
byucougar1
BYU is clearly a school that showcases a quarterback's potential as evidenced by the number of QBs drafted in the NFL. This list doesn't include underrated players who end up making team as free agent and end up on a roster (I.e. - Max Hall). I believe that with our ESPN tv contract even more people will become aware of our moniker Quarterback U - what a recruiting tool.



2007 - John Beck/Dolphins

2002 - Brandon Doman/49ers

1995 - John Walsh/Bengals

1992 - Ty Detmer/Packers

1984 - Steve Young/Buccaneers

1982 - Jim McMahon/Bears

1989 - Marc Wilson/Raiders

1978 - Gifford Nielsen/Oilers

1967 - Virgil Carter/Bears





Here's hoping for another long run of great QBs at the Y.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
M
Mingjai
Though in all fairness, your subject should probably be:



BYU = Quality College QBs (and a couple quality NFL QBs)



Let's face it, the only above average NFL QBs BYU has produced (so far) are McMahon and Young. Also, I believe Bosco was drafted by the Packers.
S
SpiffCoug
Or

... QBs who can stay on an NFL roster for a few years. BYU has produced a total of what? four starts at QB in the NFL since 1992.
B
BroncoBot
You kiddin me Spiff?



Detmer made a nice run with philadelphia one year. Had a couple of starts- EDIT DETMER had 25 starts according to NFL.com. Hall started 2 games last year. Beck started what, around 5 games? It's not a ton, but it's not 4 in 19 years.
S
SpiffCoug
Good call on Hall. What I meant was that since 1992, BYU had only produced like four QB starts in the NFL. I was counting QBs since they produced Detmer.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.