Archived Topic

Davonte Neal Includes BYU in his top 13 list

by byucougar1 · 8/4/2011

Advertisement
B
byucougar1
According to ESPN Greg Biggins recruiting blog, davonte wanted to show some loyalty to schools like BYU and BC who offered him his first scholarships. Here's hoping he sees lots of the Y on ESPN as well as the skies being filled to darkness with passes from Heaps to his WRs.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
J
jvquarterback
I guess it is better than being on his top 14 list. Davonte would be incredible to have on the team. If you haven't seen his workout video you should check it out. He has an amazing work ethic and would be ready to go from day 1.
B
byucougar1
Nice video of Davonte playing DB at Nike Football Training Camp at Stanford University - May 2011. He wins four matchups and loses 2 (to larger WRs).

http://davontenealfootball.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
B
byucougar1
Apparently the Y offered him as a 9th grader while BC offered him as a freshmen. Most scouts like him as a CB because of his ability to make a play on the ball that is uncanny. He has a knack of playing the ball and the receiver which comes very naturally. His focus is to find a family-oriented place where his dad has a relationship with the coaches.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
T
trueblue72
byucougar1 wrote:
Apparently the Y offered him as a 9th grader while BC offered him as a freshmen.



Wouldn't that be that same year? I'd love to see a lock down corner. I would also like to see a good corner that is bigger the 5'6"
Advertisement
N
NCPUMA
The fact that he had to mention why he included BYU on the list made it seem more like a polite gesture. I hope he's sincerely considering the Y.
D
Ddawg
NCPUMA wrote:
The fact that he had to mention why he included BYU on the list made it seem more like a polite gesture. I hope he's sincerely considering the Y.


I suspect you are right - he's probably just playing the Cougs. I hope that's not true. He is a big time player. Very quick - great skills.
B
beauso79
Now we need to get this kid
B
beauso79
Does this kid have a BYU offer anymore?? It doesn't list him with an offer but I assume he still does. Would you rather have Marshall or Neal??
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.