Archived Topic

BYU Personnel With The Most to Prove

by byucougar1 · 8/2/2011

Advertisement
B
byucougar1
Interesting piece on Bleacher Report about 10 people with the most to prove:



Coaches: Brandon Doman

Admin: Tom Holmoe

Players: Jake Heaps, Matt Reynolds, McKay Jacobson, Justin Sorenson, Terrence Brown, Devin Mahina, Josh Quezada, Ross Apo



I suggest adding:

Players: Uona Kaveinga (leader of Defense); Secondary - all DBs/Safeties

Coaches: Reynolds and Calhoun (TE/WR); Howell (Secondary)



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
B
byucougar1
Oh yeah, can't forget LB Jordan Pendleton returning back to form after recovering from ACL and other injuries.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
D
Ddawg
I agree about Kaveinga with a slight tweak - I don't feel he "has" a lot to prove Kaveinga. I feel he "wants" to prove a lot. From the comments I have read from other BYU tammates - they say Kaveinga plays with an intensity, focus & purpose during practice - a real "chip" that is infectious.



Uona is going to "bring the wood" this Fall!! Barring injury - he will be a force. I like 'm.
B
byucougar1
Wouldn't it be nice to have a Dick Butkus or Ray Lewis attitude in the middle. The hits keep coming!



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
D
Ddawg
byucougar1 wrote:
Wouldn't it be nice to have a Dick Butkus or Ray Lewis attitude in the middle. The hits keep coming!



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


I think Kaveinga has the Dick Butkus attitude. He's a natural - combined with Bronco whispering in his ear! Oh yeaaaah! It's gonna be good!
Advertisement
C
Cougs_Rule
Never got the whole, "person with the most to prove" persona. Its little man who got a big gift and therefore has something to prove as though he were unworthy. Now if you ask Nelson-lovers....or Jimmer haters (whats that crap?)...maybe they would have something to say, err, prove.
C
Cougarbib
dmcougar wrote:
Never got the whole, "person with the most to prove" persona. Its little man who got a big gift and therefore has something to prove as though he were unworthy. Now if you ask Nelson-lovers....or Jimmer haters (whats that crap?)...maybe they would have something to say, err, prove.

Nelson won't be trying to prove anything unless Heaps gets injured or sucks badly for several games. Heaps is not likely to suck badly and I hope he stays healthy.



The coach with the most to prove is Ben Cahoon. He has never coached at any level and he is expected to turn around a poor performing unit. He has more to work with and if they do not perform, unless Heaps is firing random bullets, it will be all on Ben. Hopefully Heaps will be on target and passes will mostly be caught.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.