Archived Topic

Poll: Best Ever BYU ILBs

by snoscythe · 7/21/2011

Advertisement
S
snoscythe
Time to vote for the Best Ever BYU Inside Linebackers to join our BYU All-Time Team.



Voting closes on Sunday. Only two make the cut, so you get two votes.



You can view the nominations and previous debate in the previous thread:



http://www.cougarcorner.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9048" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
F
frdbtr
Wow, most of our posters must be young. I wouldn't put Cam Jensen on the same level with Muirbrook. I thought someone mentioned Shad Hansen when we were asking for candidates but he didn't make it to the poll. I would put hansen in the same level as Muirbrook and Morris, then put Cam Jensen one notch below. Frankly, I thought Kelly Poppinga in 2007 did as good of a job at ILB as Cam jensen did the year before. He just didn't have the opportunity to do it for 3 years like Jensen did. Anyway, off my soap box.



EDIT: what in the world is Justin Ena doing on here while Shad Hansen is not? Ena played linebacker like a Spanish Matador. 2001 was the worst run defense I can ever remember at BYU.
T
tmoney35
frdbtr wrote:
Wow, most of our posters must be young. I wouldn't put Cam Jensen on the same level with Muirbrook.


Guilty as charged
G
Guest
Yes, this is one of the worst cases of recency bias I've ever seen!
S
snoscythe
frdbtr wrote:
EDIT: what in the world is Justin Ena doing on here while Shad Hansen is not? Ena played linebacker like a Spanish Matador. 2001 was the worst run defense I can ever remember at BYU.


Someone nominated Ena, and no one nominated Shad Hansen....not even you. That's how. ;)



Shad Hansen was in the nominations thread as the leading tackler, but no one ever verified that he played ILB so I couldn't put him on the poll.



I can only use what people give me in the nominations thread, which is why we do it.



And yes--there is a huge recency bias in these polls, as well as a pretty good bias towards older-era players who had a nickname or were mentioned in Johnny Biscuit's Tysman Rap.
Advertisement
L
loonmj
I voted Muirbrook and Morris. Although Gouveia played ILB in the NFL, I remember him mostly as an OLB opposite Leon White in BYU's 3-4 defense. I could be wrong though; it was a long time ago.
S
stuckinbig10country
Muirbrook was the best at BYU I ever saw. If he would have had Morris' size he would have undoubtedly been the best ever. I didn't really see Morris play a lot, due to my mission, but I would have taken Muirbrook over him with what i saw, and I picked Jensen over him too.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.