Archived Topic

BYU Basketball Court Pic

by hawkwing · 7/20/2011

Advertisement
G
Guest
http://desmond.yfrog.com/Himg741/scaled.php?tn=0&server=741&filename=aipdo.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">



Saw this posted on Twitter by Jarom Jordan.
B
BroncoBot
I'd love to get rid of the Marriott advertisement. What is the history of Marriott and BYU. I know he was a UofU grad. Did he put a lot of money to the building of the MC?
U
urroner
declocoug wrote:
I'd love to get rid of the Marriott advertisement. What is the history of Marriott and BYU. I know he was a UofU grad. Did he put a lot of money to the building of the MC?


From a Deseret News article:


Hotel magnate J. Willard Marriott donated $1 million and, in essence, won the contest by a landslide. With that, the Marriott Center was born. At the time — 1971 — it was the largest on-campus arena in the country.
B
BroncoBot
I see. I guess he earned it.
T
tmoney35
Even more than the basketball arena, the entire Business program at BYU is called the Marriott School of Management, so I'm thinking Marriott has given a TON of money to BYU
Advertisement
E
EM_Puma
http://byucougars.com/m-basketball/marriott-center-floor" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;



Article points out new floor and two new developments in college basketball:

1) the women's 3-point line has been moved out to the same as the mens

2) there is a new semi-circle on the court under the hoop.

"The line addition is the semi-circle under each basket. Defensive players will not be able to draw a charge if they have at least one foot in the restricted area marked by the semi-circle."

Is that so they can't camp down there on defense and keep the offense from driving? interesting.
B
blue42
EM_Puma wrote:



2) there is a new semi-circle on the court under the hoop.

"The line addition is the semi-circle under each basket. Defensive players will not be able to draw a charge if they have at least one foot in the restricted area marked by the semi-circle."

Is that so they can't camp down there on defense and keep the offense from driving? interesting.


Yep, this is the same rule that the NBA has been using for a few years now.
S
SpiffCoug
Tood bad that rule wasn't around last year. Would have eliminated about 25-30 turnovers on Jimmer last year.
B
blue42
SpiffCoug wrote:
Tood bad that rule wasn't around last year. Would have eliminated about 25-30 turnovers on Jimmer last year.


So does this mean that everyone from Utah St will be calling this the Jimmer rule because they were complaining so much with football that the NCAA made the Riley Nelson rule...... Oh wait this would have helped Jimmer last year so no complaints there.
E
EM_Puma
SpiffCoug wrote:
Tood bad that rule wasn't around last year. Would have eliminated about 25-30 turnovers on Jimmer last year.


I had that same thought.
Advertisement
T
tww
I think the oval Y will be a hit. The layout looks nice and clean. However, I think they may have made a mistake on the choice of color for the floor. The bleached look may be hard on the eyes of TV viewers trying to watch white uniforms over a nearly white floor. Throw in a little glare and it gets worse.



Also, I would prefer the Jimmer-line to be blue instead of the white.
B
BroncoBot
tww wrote:
I think the oval Y will be a hit. The layout looks nice and clean. However, I think they may have made a mistake on the choice of color for the floor. The bleached look may be hard on the eyes of TV viewers trying to watch white uniforms over a nearly white floor. Throw in a little glare and it gets worse.



Also, I would prefer the Jimmer-line to be blue instead of the white.

I love dark floors. but this one doesn't look too bad. I'll wait to see it in HD to make a final vedict.
M
Metal Bubba
EM_Puma wrote:
2) there is a new semi-circle on the court under the hoop.

"The line addition is the semi-circle under each basket. Defensive players will not be able to draw a charge if they have at least one foot in the restricted area marked by the semi-circle."


Awesome. Dook is going to have real problems now.
G
Gunk
Aren't they going to be installing blue chairs? Or was that a rumor.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.