Archived Topic

Coach Mendenhall speaks out on Corruption of coaches

by Cougs_Rule · 7/20/2011

Advertisement
J
jvquarterback
So basically you prefer for players not to be paid because it makes you feel good. Sorry, that isn't a good enough reason to get your government to prevent paying people.
R
redneckjedi
jvquarterback wrote:
So basically you prefer for players not to be paid because it makes you feel good. Sorry, that isn't a good enough reason to get your government to prevent paying people.


So basically you prefer for players to be paid differently than they already are because it makes you feel good. Sorry, that isn't a good enough reason to continue your broken record rant here with a bunch of people who disagree with you on logical grounds and who will continue to disagree with you on logical grounds unless you can come up with some new argument we haven't considered before.



Hint: you won't. The compensation a football player receives is better than any part time job I had while I was in school. And at my current job and any other job out there, the CEO is always going to be making a lot more than the entry level employees, even though they do all the work - because his butt is on the line when his company doesn't deliver. Why don't you go get that situation fixed before whining about this here? Workers of the world unite, man!
C
CougarClaw
jvquarterback wrote:
So basically you prefer for players not to be paid because it makes you feel good. Sorry, that isn't a good enough reason to get your government to prevent paying people.


close, but I actually said the quality of the overall product is different. NFL =/ NCAA. It's not that the NCAA makes me feel better, I actually think the games are higher quality, more intense, and bring much more to the table than the NFL.



Do you prefer the NFL over NCAA football?
J
jvquarterback
CougarClaw wrote:
So basically you prefer for players not to be paid because it makes you feel good. Sorry, that isn't a good enough reason to get your government to prevent paying people.


close, but I actually said the quality of the overall product is different. NFL =/ NCAA. It's not that the NCAA makes me feel better, I actually think the games are higher quality, more intense, and bring much more to the table than the NFL.



Do you prefer the NFL over NCAA football?


BYU > NFL > NCAA.



The biggest problem I have with college football in general is that the government (the owner of most of the teams) is intervening in what should be a private enterprise. The lack of payment of the players is just a symptom of the disease that is government intervention in industry. Now that is some corruption I would like Bronco to speak out against.
Page 2 of 2
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.