Archived Topic

Bryson and Gaines are back

by Wickchad · 7/12/2011

Advertisement
W
Wickchad
-Mendenhall stated that both Thomas Bryson and Kori Gaines will rejoin the team when classes start, a few weeks after the start of fall practice.


From http://byu.scout.com/2/1086001.html



Sounds like Bronco is sticking to his guns about Chambers sitting out this season. Good news on Bryson and Gaines making it back.
M
mraven
On the down side, we may not have Drew Phillips. According to Bronco, he still has to pass two classes before he will be allowed to play this Fall. I REALLY hope he gets it together academically. I want to see what he can do.
B
BroncoBot
Come on Drew! Get those grades up!
B
BoiseBYU
I am glad these two young me will be returning. Since they will miss fall camp, how much playing time, if any, might we see of them this year? Bryson played a lot last year, right?
T
trueblue72
I have been so excited to see drew Phillips, if he is ineligible I'll die. But why aren't bryson and gaines allowed to join the team until school starts? Can they be there and just not practice or are they not allowed to even be there.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
B
beauso79
Love that Bryson is back. Our DE's/OLB's just got a major boost
D
Dwight
I've been wanting to see the speedster myself for quite a while. Having said that, I heard that he had a quiet spring camp.
L
Lawboy
Drew Phillips brother posts a lot on CougarBoard. HE is aphi2. Someone ought to invite him over here. He attends Auburn University.



I am really happy Bryson is back. I knew Gaines was going to be back, but thought we would lose Bryson, so pleased that is not the case. More depth on the Dline, with an outside pass rusher.
W
Wickchad
trueblue72 wrote:
I have been so excited to see drew Phillips, if he is ineligible I'll die. But why aren't bryson and gaines allowed to join the team until school starts? Can they be there and just not practice or are they not allowed to even be there.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


My guess is that they are not currently enrolled in school right now so they aren't eligible to practice with the team until the semester starts. I believe the same thing happened with Tonga.
C
cougarblue
This is what Bronco had to say according to Greg Wrubel

"Toward the end of his interview, Mendenhall addressed the status of numerous players with either injury or eligibility issues, and revealed that promising RB/return specialist Drew Phillips is a question mark for the coming season. "Drew Phillips has...academic issues, and he's currently working on that. To be determined whether he's with us for fall camp, when school starts, etc. (or playing at all this season)."



Mendenhall listed DL Thomas Bryson and DB Kori Gaines as payers who will practice with the team but not play this coming season. The coach said NTs Romney Fuga (knee) and Jordan Richardson (knee) are both on pace to take part starting with the first day of camp.



LB Jordan Atkinson will not play his senior season; back issues have ended is playing career. "
Advertisement
J
jonnylingo
Lawboy wrote:
Drew Phillips brother posts a lot on CougarBoard. HE is aphi2. Someone ought to invite him over here. He attends Auburn University.



I am really happy Bryson is back. I knew Gaines was going to be back, but thought we would lose Bryson, so pleased that is not the case. More depth on the Dline, with an outside pass rusher.


I invited him back when he first popped up on cougarboard.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
D
Ddawg
jonnylingo wrote:
Drew Phillips brother posts a lot on CougarBoard. HE is aphi2. Someone ought to invite him over here. He attends Auburn University.



I am really happy Bryson is back. I knew Gaines was going to be back, but thought we would lose Bryson, so pleased that is not the case. More depth on the Dline, with an outside pass rusher.


I have invited him.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


Bueno!!! Sweet! 8)
M
Mars


Okay. Keoshian and Bryant Atkinson done with BYU. Bryson, Phillips, Gaines, Chambers, Dulan at BYU but shouldn't play this year. Kautai/Pendleton/Fuga/Richardson ready to rock and roll. Good to know.
B
beauso79
http://www.cougarfan.com/article.asp?ArtID=70627&URL=http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/blogsbyusports/52178416-65/camp-mendenhall-fall-likely.html.csp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;



Per Jay Drew:



* DE Thomas Bryson will be joining the team the first day of school, thereby missing fall camp. He most likely will not play this season. Mendenhall said there's a very slight chance Bryson will make it back in good standing before fall camp begins, and if he does, he will play. - Here's to hoping
J
jonnylingo
beauso79 wrote:
http://www.cougarfan.com/article.asp?ArtID=70627&URL=http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/blogsbyusports/52178416-65/camp-mendenhall-fall-likely.html.csp



Per Jay Drew:



* DE Thomas Bryson will be joining the team the first day of school, thereby missing fall camp. He most likely will not play this season. Mendenhall said there's a very slight chance Bryson will make it back in good standing before fall camp begins, and if he does, he will play. - Here's to hoping


My fingers are crossed there. Out of all those we lost or may lose i want him back the most.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
W
Wickchad
beauso79 wrote:
http://www.cougarfan.com/article.asp?ArtID=70627&URL=http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/blogsbyusports/52178416-65/camp-mendenhall-fall-likely.html.csp



Per Jay Drew:



* DE Thomas Bryson will be joining the team the first day of school, thereby missing fall camp. He most likely will not play this season. Mendenhall said there's a very slight chance Bryson will make it back in good standing before fall camp begins, and if he does, he will play. - Here's to hoping


Its interesting how there are three different sources for this news and they are all materially different.
J
jonnylingo
Drew's brother on cougarboard stated that drew was good to go, that he was going to be back at school in august and then be ready to go for fall practice. he said as of now he is planning on being their for fall practice. i think he has a two classes he needs to get done but hopefully he can do them over summer term.



i would hate to see him lose another year. i am a big drew phillips fan. hope things work out for him.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.