Archived Topic

Bronco extended through 2014

by Lawboy · 7/12/2011

Advertisement
L
Lawboy
Announced after Media Days. At the request of Bronco, was handled after the first hour session. Is a 3-year extension only, and that is what Bronco asked for.



"I'm willing to lead the charge through independence and re-evaluate," Mendenhall said. "I'm completely happy here and would like to coach here as long as I'm wanted."



http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/6762042/byu-cougars-bronco-mendenhall-receives-contract-extension" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
V
vancouvercougar
Lawboy wrote:
Announced after Media Days. At the request of Bronco, was handled after the first hour session. Is a 3-year extension only, and that is what Bronco asked for.



"I'm willing to lead the charge through independence and re-evaluate," Mendenhall said. "I'm completely happy here and would like to coach here as long as I'm wanted."



http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/6762042/byu-cougars-bronco-mendenhall-receives-contract-extension" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;


I hope we want him for a lot longer than 3 years.
B
BroncoBot
Bronco for KING!
S
snoscythe
He said BYU asked for 10, but he thought that was too long for anyone.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
M
Metal Bubba
What that says to me is that so long as Bronco still wants to coach football, he'll be at BYU.
Advertisement
S
Screamineagle
"Bronco for Prez" never mind that would mean we lost him.Hope he stays a lot longer than 3 more years.
S
SpiffCoug
I thought Wrubell said it was through 2013?
B
byucougar1
The ESPN factor is already at work. Here in AR, I had five people (nonmembers - potential investigators) inform me of Bronco's contract extension before I found out. We be getting exposure.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Y
Yndian
Great quote from Greg Wrubell's interview with Bronco:


That doesn't mean that after three I'll be done, but I'd much rather take it in shorter segments and make sure I'm worthy of my hire...than have someone else tell me in year seven of a ten-year contract that I'm not living up to that. That's the rationale for a shorter term, and I'm at peace with that.


How many professional athletes/coaches do you know of who would say, in essence, "I won't sign a long-term contract because I wouldn't want to risk the possibility that you might have to pay me for less than my best performance."



:love: :love: :love:
F
Florwood
SpiffCoug wrote:
I thought Wrubell said it was through 2013?




On the radio Mendenhall said his contract expired back in January, so this contract covers 2011-2013.
Advertisement
B
BigCougsFan
I bet Bronco has GOOD TO GREAT on his bookshelf and he listens to the CD's on a regular basis. I bet he listens to 7 HABITS when he's not listening to GOOD TO GREAT.



He's always put the company(BYU) before his own personal desires.



This seriously has to get these other big named programs wanting him even more. What a freakin' stud!



I remember that idiotic writer for the SL Trib on the radio show make fun of him because of Bronco's choice of words. Since he has pointed that out. I notice all big name coaches say the exact same words. Gordon is a freak and he has ate crow so many times, I'm sure it tastes good to him. Gordon knows nothing else. Is he still a writer and radio host???
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.