Archived Topic

BYU in Mexico City

by Florwood · 7/11/2011

Advertisement
F
Florwood
My son is on a mission in Mexico City, and included the following in his latest letter:



We are teaching a viejo, elderly man, whose daughter is LDS. and he watches college football like NONE OTHER! And all of the sudden he starts talking of BYU!! I could not believe it! Someone out of Utah, in mexico even where soccer is the main sport knows of BYU! The next thing he said makes me crack up. that "BYU es mas fuerte que U of U no?" BYU is stronger than U of U right? ohhhhhhh I was laughing hard. And one of my zone leaders is a Ute fan so I told him that.
C
cougarcaveman
Dissappointed,



I thought that this might be some inside information about a future scheduling plum. Imagine BYU vs Nebraska in Mexico city to start off college football for the neutral game of a 1:1:1 series in 2015. How may people can those soccer stadiums hold 120,000? Exposure si' A lot of saints in Mexico. Road trip.
S
stuckinbig10country
BYU has played a game in Australia before, so Mexico City wouldn't be too weird. Also, Mexico does have a small American rules football league and the NFL has played a few pre-season games there.
D
Ddawg
Remember - "Don't drink the water!!!" Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!!!!

:lol: :lol: ;)
M
Mars


BYU vs. Ohio State?
Advertisement
M
Mingjai
los Pumas de BYU contra los Aztecas de San Diego State en el Estadio Azteca
B
BroncoBot
Donde esta la biblioteca?



Thanks high school spanish.
S
snoscythe
declocoug wrote:
Donde esta la biblioteca?



Thanks high school spanish.


Mi casa? Su casa?



Thanks Adam Sandler.
I
imuakahuku
"Estoy embarasada y el Obispo tiene la culpa" said the red faced sister missionary. Thanks urban legends!



I'm not surprised that BYU is known. BYU-TV has been broadcast around the world for what seems like forever (pre-ESPN for sure). And the only game on was usually on BYUtv so the Cougars had/have a world following.
G
Guest
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j25tkxg5Vws
Advertisement
F
Florwood
Man. Here I try and introduce a spiritual, missionary topic, and this is what happens! ;-)
B
byucougar1
Es culpa tuya:-)



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
D
Dwight
Does BYU do any broadcasting in Spanish?
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.