Archived Topic

BYU Utah SOS

by bennyhaha · 7/10/2011

Advertisement
B
bennyhaha
We have all been hearing about how much stronger Utah's pac 12 schedule is compared to ours. I knew their schedule had to better, but because our schedule is so front loaded with great games, and then the was schedule at the end I was curious about just how much better the overall SOS was. So I geeked out and went and looked up the last 5 years worth of sagarin rankings and did and average for the five years. Utahs opponents 5 year average=49.9m, BYU's=85.3. If we were to replace 2 or 3 wac teams with teams like UCF, this would close the gap to about even.
L
Lawboy
BYU did would they could for 2011 and 2012 on short notice, and I am fine with it. It is 2013 and after where BYU needs to step it up. 6 great games, 2 good ones and 4 dogs is fine by me. Works for every SEC team
D
DesertCougar
I agree with you lawboy, and I think that we will be finding out a lot more tomorrow about the schedules for 2012, 2013 and beyond.
Y
Y12
bennyhaha wrote:
We have all been hearing about how much stronger Utah's pac 12 schedule is compared to ours. I knew their schedule had to better, but because our schedule is so front loaded with great games, and then the was schedule at the end I was curious about just how much better the overall SOS was. So I geeked out and went and looked up the last 5 years worth of sagarin rankings and did and average for the five years. Utahs opponents 5 year average=49.9m, BYU's=85.3. If we were to replace 2 or 3 wac teams with teams like UCF, this would close the gap to about even.


So are you going to have sympathy on them when the season goes sour, and they claim they would have the same record as us if they played our schedule, even though we crushed them in week three?
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.