Archived Topic

New WCC Logo

by snoscythe · 7/1/2011

Advertisement
L
Lawboy
That logo smokes that ugly thing the MWC is now using. MWC looks like some bad early-80's computer art.
S
snoscythe
I think it's classy. You incorporated the mountains and the coast, and the star gives you the touch of Christianity. I like it.
C
CougarClaw
I think I preferred the MWC logo. This will take some time to get used to. I like the symbolism sno pointed out, didn't catch that the first time I saw it.



Does this mean BYU is now the "Star" on top of the "mountain" in the conference? I hope not.
M
Mars


I actually really like the simple version of the logo:



http://www.byucougars.com/uploads/graphics/athletic_department/2011/wcc-logo.jpg" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">





Although... it does still kinda remind me of the Colts. I mean, the W looks like a horseshoe.
Advertisement
U
Ungoy
The video on the http://www.wccsports.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; has been updated with the new logo and welcomes BYU to the conference.
E
EM_Puma
snoscythe wrote:
I think it's classy. You incorporated the mountains and the coast, and the star gives you the touch of Christianity. I like it.


Okay, now it makes more sense. I still think it's better than the PUKE12 and the MWC logos, but I'd only give it a 7.5 out of 10. It didn't tantilize me, but I don't know what I would have expected. I like it better than just adding another star to their old logo.
E
EM_Puma
Mars wrote:


I actually really like the simple version of the logo:



http://www.byucougars.com/uploads/graphics/athletic_department/2011/wcc-logo.jpg" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">





Although... it does still kinda remind me of the Colts. I mean, the W looks like a horseshoe.


this one I like better with that background
G
Guest
This is a great logo! Vastly superior to the MWC Logo.
D
Ddawg
I definitely like the West Coast Conference Logo over the "MWC." The MWC looks like an imitation Rubic's Cube.



Good-bye MWC! I feel like I just got rid of an annoying "hanger on" friend - that was never a friend - just kept "hanging around" and being a pain.



So long MWC!!!! 8)
Advertisement
F
Florwood
Hopefully this pic shows the true color, which would make it close enough to BYU blue to wear at home games...



http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6057/5902550423_b36621a3b9.jpg" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
J
jrclone
The Mountain West just stole their logo from this:

http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=9106363" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">

I mean honestly

http://nbccollegefootballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/new-mwc-logo.png?w=354&h=347" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
scott715
Anyone have a picture of the old logo? I don't like the idea of changing your brand after spending time and money to establish it. If it is just a modification then it is a good move. To be honest I have no idea what it looked like before.
P
pgcoug
WCC Logo.jpg
The star on the top was explained in the WCC's release of the new logo:



"A five-point star sits atop the W, representing the conference's storied history, alignment and tradition - which began with five original members at its founding in 1952 - while also paying homage to the stars highlighting the geographic placement of the membership in the most recent WCC logo, in use since 1995."



http://www.wccsports.com/genrel/070111aab.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;



I've already ordered my t-shirt from the WCC online store.



The Old Logo:
S
scott715
Thanks, not much of a logo (old one). This is an improvement.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.