Archived Topic

Google+

by snoscythe · 6/29/2011

Advertisement
S
snoscythe
Anyone on the inside of Google+ yet?



I'm fading fast on FB, and I am curious whether + is worth a shot or if I should just fade away from the social networking.
G
Guest
I'm curious about this too. I think some of their ideas are interesting/good. But Buzz and wave were both flops, and they had some good ideas too.
L
Lawboy
Social Networking is hitting its apex, I think. Bigger in the younger kids, although business still uses it. Not a huge fan, have a Facebook, but rarely ever use it. Definitely do not post my random thoughts as if they are morsels of wisdom. I hate Twitter that way.
M
Mars
Lawboy wrote:
Social Networking is hitting its apex, I think.

Yeah, people are going to stop using computers any day now. Baseball in the streets is making a comeback baby!
L
Lawboy
Mars wrote:
Social Networking is hitting its apex, I think.

Yeah, people are going to stop using computers any day now. Baseball in the streets is making a comeback baby!




Hey, MySpace saw it days and then died off. Facebook will still be big, but it too will wane. People will look to get connected to life again, and not to electronics.
Advertisement
M
Mars
Lawboy wrote:
Hey, MySpace saw it days and then died off. Facebook will still be big, but it too will wane.

Sure, when it is replaced with a newer, better, and even more time-consuming form of social media, like instant cell-phone video messaging...
S
snoscythe
Well, got an invite.....but they are throttling those now too, so I am wait-listed.
S
snoscythe
snoscythe wrote:
Well, got an invite.....but they are throttling those now too, so I am wait-listed.


PM me an email address if you want an invite.



Right now g+ is like the first hour of the old stake youth dances. Not enough people there to really figure out if it's going to be worth having mom drop you off yet. G+ really needs to get to a critical mass, and fast. It has promise, but it's not there yet.
M
mizzoucoug
Only thing my family and I care about is the group video chat ability. Finally! I'm not aware of any other program that offers that for free.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.