B
byucougar1In Brandon Gurney's recent article:
http://byu.scout.com/2/1081758.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Kearsley mentions two players against whom he went head on during one-on-one blocking drills. He was beat 3 times in 25 reps.
âTwo of the guys that beat me jumped early and were offsides, so I donât count those,â he said. âThe one guy that beat me straight up was an outside linebacker from Servite [Jherremya Leuta-Douyere]. Heâs a very good player and he was really hard to block.â
Kearsley also went up against Sawyer Powell and had some good things to say about him.
âHeâs smaller, but heâs really fast, so I knew each time that he was going to try and beat me with a speed rush,â he said. âBecause I was ready for it, anticipating what he was going to do, I was able to block him well. Heâs very good though. Heâs real fast and very athletic. I hope that BYU offers him.â
Kearsley has also taken note of how much time BYU outside linebacker coach Kelly Poppinga has spent coaching Powell.
âIâve noticed that coaches spend the most time with those theyâre the most interested in,â he said. âSo itâs obvious to me that theyâre very interested in Sawyer. I hope they offer him. He told me that heâll commit the second they offer, so I hope that things work out there.â
Kearsley and Powell have become good friends off the practice field.
Here's hoping that we get:
Servite teammates: Pau'u/Leuta-Douyere and Powell.
http://byu.scout.com/2/1081758.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Kearsley mentions two players against whom he went head on during one-on-one blocking drills. He was beat 3 times in 25 reps.
âTwo of the guys that beat me jumped early and were offsides, so I donât count those,â he said. âThe one guy that beat me straight up was an outside linebacker from Servite [Jherremya Leuta-Douyere]. Heâs a very good player and he was really hard to block.â
Kearsley also went up against Sawyer Powell and had some good things to say about him.
âHeâs smaller, but heâs really fast, so I knew each time that he was going to try and beat me with a speed rush,â he said. âBecause I was ready for it, anticipating what he was going to do, I was able to block him well. Heâs very good though. Heâs real fast and very athletic. I hope that BYU offers him.â
Kearsley has also taken note of how much time BYU outside linebacker coach Kelly Poppinga has spent coaching Powell.
âIâve noticed that coaches spend the most time with those theyâre the most interested in,â he said. âSo itâs obvious to me that theyâre very interested in Sawyer. I hope they offer him. He told me that heâll commit the second they offer, so I hope that things work out there.â
Kearsley and Powell have become good friends off the practice field.
Here's hoping that we get:
Servite teammates: Pau'u/Leuta-Douyere and Powell.

