Archived Topic

The Best BYU-Utah Game Ever

by Y12 · 6/16/2011

Advertisement
Y
Y12
Detmer shredded the utes. Hope to see something similar September 17.



http://www.bluecougarfootball.com/2011/06/top-10-ty-moments-7-unstoppable-and.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;



"Detmer’s play in this game can be summed up in two words: unstoppable, unprecedented. No hyperbole here. When he was in the game, Utah should not have bothered sending the defense onto the field."
L
Lawboy
I was at LaVell's last game (Doman drive), The 2001 BYU-Utah game where Staley got it done late, The Hall to Collie "magic happens" game, the Hall to George OT game. Wish I was at the Beck to Harline game, but watched it at home with my week old son. As far as I am concerned, those top my list. Close games beating solid Utah teams, then breaking their hearts at the end.



I do hope we slaughter them this year. Been too long since the last butt kicking.
W
Wickchad
1989 is easily my favorite also. Its been a long time since we've won comfortably against Utah (1996). We are due for a blow out this year.
Y
Y12
Lawboy wrote:
I was at LaVell's last game (Doman drive), The 2001 BYU-Utah game where Staley got it done late, The Hall to Collie "magic happens" game, the Hall to George OT game. Wish I was at the Beck to Harline game, but watched it at home with my week old son. As far as I am concerned, those top my list. Close games beating solid Utah teams, then breaking their hearts at the end.


Those are all classic endings, but when it comes to a rivalry, I think, it is better to win big than to win with last minute dramatics.
S
SpiffCoug
Y12 wrote:
Those are all classic endings, but when it comes to a rivalry, I think, it is better to win big than to win with last minute dramatics.

Too bad we haven't had one of those since 1996.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.