Archived Topic

Freshmen Who Will Make An Impact in 2011

by byucougar1 · 6/16/2011

Advertisement
F
Florwood
and next year they will be the five ReFreshment...
B
beauso79
I have a feeling Manoa Pikula is going to make an impact somewhere this year. Be it on offense or defense
B
byucougar1
Thanks Flo - I'll drink to that :P
C
Cougarbib
Florwood wrote:
and next year they will be the five ReFreshment...

ANd which of the 6 names listed are the 5 refreshments
Advertisement
B
byucougar1
Buy 5 - get one free!



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
L
Lawboy
Sorensen is a sophomore, so...no clue how he made the list, even with justification.



I would have added Cori Gaines (Who we hear will probably be back) or Drew Philips. Just my take.
G
Guest
I wouldn't expect much from Drew Philips this year. Too much talent in front of him, and not much positive when he's gotten the chance this spring. I think he still needs another year to season.
S
SpiffCoug
The only place Drew Phillips can an impact is in the return game.
L
Lawboy
If you are using the spring game as basis to judge Drew, I think that is unfair. He was basically running behind the back line the whole game against the top front 7. So many highly experienced O-line guys sat. And it is not as if the other players ahead of him on the roster did that much better--for the same reasons.



Drew will impact the return game for sure, and get touches on O. HE will not be the #1 guy, but I think he will be a guy who makes plays this year.
Advertisement
J
jonnylingo
hawkwing wrote:
I wouldn't expect much from Drew Philips this year. Too much talent in front of him, and not much positive when he's gotten the chance this spring. I think he still needs another year to season.


I am expecting the world from him. Love that kid. Hope he can rise to the occasion. Hope if he really is better than guys with more life experience in front of him that he gets a fair shake, especially in return age. It's true that at running back etc that he didn't seem to do much throughout spring. He may need some time but i am Still expecting a lot from him.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
B
BroncoBot
Here's hoping that Phillips is dominant this year. Anyone that turns down a trip to a school like Michigan to ensure a BYU schollie is worth their weight in gold.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.