Archived Topic

Down, but Never Out

by Y12 · 6/15/2011

Advertisement
W
Wickchad
We came out flat, even the fans were a little flat that night. You know, when you are warming up and you had the electricity of the Miami game those stands were full for warm ups. Then you come back for Washington State, which was a good football team, people were coming into the game late, and it just didn’t have the same energy. As players we kind of let that get to us, and we didn’t have the same energy. We really dug a hole for ourselves at halftime.


It's interesting to hear a player actually acknowledge that the fans can have an impact on the team's energy level. This should add more fuel to the fire to get our student section whipped into shape and arriving early. Maybe the rich people in the legacy seats should also be fed earlier in their tent so they can make it to their seats before the game starts.
L
Lawboy
I was at that game. I went with the father of my of the buddies. Was a young pup just home from a mish(less than a year) back then. Exciting game.
C
crazycougar84601
Lawboy wrote:
I was at that game. I went with the father of my of the buddies. Was a young pup just home from a mish(less than a year) back then. Exciting game.


I was at this game too with my grandpa...I too was a young pup (5th grade)...thursday night game if I recall



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Y
Y12
Wickchad84087 wrote:
We came out flat, even the fans were a little flat that night. You know, when you are warming up and you had the electricity of the Miami game those stands were full for warm ups. Then you come back for Washington State, which was a good football team, people were coming into the game late, and it just didn’t have the same energy. As players we kind of let that get to us, and we didn’t have the same energy. We really dug a hole for ourselves at halftime.


It's interesting to hear a player actually acknowledge that the fans can have an impact on the team's energy level. This should add more fuel to the fire to get our student section whipped into shape and arriving early. Maybe the rich people in the legacy seats should also be fed earlier in their tent so they can make it to their seats before the game starts.


And put all the students together at the corner where the team comes out of the locker room.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.