Archived Topic

Good News on Beigle and Wisconsin Series

by jonnylingo · 6/15/2011

Advertisement
J
jonnylingo
http://byu.scout.com/2/1079746.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;



Lots of good stuff in this article. Beigl is still in communication with BYU and still plans on a recruiting trip or two. i honestly think his parents are pushing for him to go to BYU but that is just a hunch.



beigle is quoted as stating that byu and wisconsin have schedule to play 2014 and 2015.



Sweet!!
D
Ddawg
I thin you are very accurate. I believe his parents - probably Dad - is still hoping his son will see what's going on @ BYU. Big things are happening out west. A wise Father can see the huge leap forward that the Independent BYU Football program is going to make over the next few years - combined with the solid athletes that are committing to the Coug program. Dad is just looking out for the best interest of his son. I hope he opens his eyes.

8)
Y
Y12
I like the sound of this, but find it surprising at this time.



With the Ohio State wreckage, Wisconsin probably has the best chance to dominate the Big 10 the next 4-5 years. Seems to me he would be more excited about joining the Badgers now than he was when he first made his commit.
L
Lawboy
Glad on both accounts. Let's hope Bronco can work some magic here.
B
byucougar1
Vince also confirmed that BYU and Wisconsin will be playing each other in 2014 and 2015.



I think Bronco is open to him reconsidering BYU, as it appears that Vince didn't stop talking to BYU. We had a similar situation before when Ross Apo initially committed to TX but through Heaps influence and others, accepted scholiie with the Y. I believe that BYU did not pull the offer or stop recruiting him once he initially selected TX.
Advertisement
L
Lawboy
Until a player signs an LOI, they are fair game per NCAA rules. That means teams can continue to recruit a kid after they give a verbal. BYU has lost players from this as well, who verballed then changed. So it cuts both ways, but I think is best.
W
Wickchad
Lawboy wrote:
Until a player signs an LOI, they are fair game per NCAA rules. That means teams can continue to recruit a kid after they give a verbal. BYU has lost players from this as well, who verballed then changed. So it cuts both ways, but I think is best.


The difference is that if a kid verbally commits to BYU and then takes a trip to visit another school we will pull their offer. I assume Wisconsin doesn't have this same policy if he is planning to visit BYU still.
B
byucougar1
Apparently the ESPN coverage is intriguing to him because of the exposure and he likes the intensity - passion of the coaches. Taking another visit to the Y sends a good message to the coaches.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.