Archived Topic

BYU FB 2012 Summer Camp Commits

by byucougar1 · 6/14/2011

Advertisement
B
byucougar1
Any solid information out yet on who is likely to accept schollie offers?



Based upon recent comments made by some of the recruits and/or their parents, my gut feeling is that we will land several including:



DE Hunter Dimick 6-4/240

LB Sawyer Powell 6-2/205

RB Jamaal Williams 6-1/185

OLB/DE Moana Ofahengaue 6-4/200

MLB Butch Pau'u 6-0/220

OT Brandon Fanaika 6-3/315

LB Atamu (Adam) Ah Ching 6-0/205
L
Lawboy
I see two on that list that are highly questionable at this point:



Moana Ofahengaue and Adam Ah-CHing. Not sure on Jamaal Williams either yet.



Moana I questions because I think he is a Utah lean, perhaps out of state. Apparently his dad has had a falling out with BYU over not being given a GA spot on staff, plus other things. And Adam Ah-Ching is rumored to want to wait until LOI day, and BYU does not wait on those guys. As to Jamaal Williams, sounded good with the interview, but you never know with non-LDS kids.



I do tink we get Dimick and Powell if/when they are offered. I think we have a great shot with Fanaika and Pau'u. I also think we have a good shot with Hinds.
B
byucougar1
If we land the kids Lawboy believes are going to accept, our recruiting class 2012 will be exceptional.
L
Lawboy
I think this class will be really good. Much like the 2010 class. Really, we just need to add a solid RB recruit now and some JC corners, then get it done with the above players. IT is line play that separates men from the boys, with solid QB play. We are pretty well loaded with potential at QB now for many years, just need to get the elite line players now.
D
Ddawg
Lawboy wrote:
I see two on that list that are highly questionable at this point:



Moana Ofahengaue and Adam Ah-CHing.



I also think we have a good shot with Hinds.


That's the first real positive thing I have read about Troy Hinds. That's encouraging!!! Bueno.



Bad news about Ah-Ching. I know there is still hope - but he's a solid player. I hope he turns and gets excited about BYU.
Advertisement
B
byucougar1
We also need to remember that the Utah All Poly Camp will be held June 15-18, 2011 in Bountiful, UT. This is the camp Adam (23rd top rated linebacker in the country by ESPN) will attend. Expect to see some BYU coaches in attendance to check out Ah-Ching again as well as other existing and potential recruits.



Rob Nielsen (I believe former BYU volleyball player) is taking him to the camp. Adam is also going to be meeting with good friend and BYU recruit Butch Pau’u. As Ah Ching also understands the importance of a good education, BYU should be a great choice for him.
L
Lawboy
I know that Ah Ching's dad wants him to go to BYU, but is letting him decide. He made some great comments about the article on Pritchard, who is a mentor type kid to Atuma. If Atuma is willing to commit soon, he will end at BYU. BUt if he waits too long, BYU will not hold a spot for him. The trend has been to lock them up early, and not wait because the years in which BYU waited they generally did not land those kids. See Te'o, Jamora, Schwenke, etc.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.