Y
YBritPS is the most accurate, he does not come out with records per say, but he plays with numbers in various ways, and is freakishly accurate (see p. 327)...most of us probably deny it since he sometimes puts BYU lower than we'd like to see, but I'm all in this year. My statistical analysis skills solely is whats keeping me in my program, so needless to say Ive spent some hours toying with these magical numbers and we all know what that means, but again refer to 327 and see how spot on PS has been and is. 13 years as most accurate means something too right?
Well, configuration and averages, differences, blah blah, yields awesome stuff...it comes through as awesome simply because of what happened last year in terms of right predictions...I could do more with 2010, but 2011 is better.
I went through BYUs statistical power play projections and not only does he predict BYU reach double digit wins, including TCU, power plays go call for 12-0* (he doesn't include ISU projections in this mag...but c'mon)
TCU was close and fair better in many ways, but from 2008-2011, this year would be the year to finally beat them.
My next step was going to find score predictions (which he does weekly for top 25 teams...I'm going to follow those through the season). In 2010 one game he shares he called for a 21-27 game between a bad texas and good OU, actual was 20-28. Many called for a 3 TD blowout...I'm going to look at other games soon,
I decided to check Utah's...why not I thought...it's scary for yewt "fans"
He's got them going 5-7 (assuming Mtst win-not a gimme though) Projections indicate losing 7 games including BYU and Pitt, I'm surprised frankly because they have some easy pac schedule going on, OSU and Udub are tied so I gave utah the benefit...can't wait to do score differences and see what PS does.
BYU and Pitt don't surprise me though since...well we all know, but PS has BYU has winning double, and as a top 5 nonaq, and Pitt as going to a BcS game.
He does bowl projections...so where does he have utah?
NOWHERE.
He has BYU playing Tulsa in the AF bowl however. BTW, beating Tulsa...the difference is in Tulsa's defense that will give up more points and yards then our D.
I did 2 other teams, ND and Washington
ND he speaks very highly of and has them going to their first BcS bowl (choke is my thought) hard to argue him from his work and evidence.
But Washington is interesting, he has them and utah both finishing 3rd in their divisions...he has Udub playing CSU in the NM bowl (only just announced remember) as 7th place...but doesn't have utah bowling...odd stuff. Utah has only 12 returning, so PS has little faith...but I'm happy to hear in the face of a gift-wrapped schedule he still has little faith in them for this year. :P
Can't wait to see this come to pass. *Not biased at all BTW ( I do realize he'd have us in a BcS bowl, but take note)
Well, configuration and averages, differences, blah blah, yields awesome stuff...it comes through as awesome simply because of what happened last year in terms of right predictions...I could do more with 2010, but 2011 is better.
I went through BYUs statistical power play projections and not only does he predict BYU reach double digit wins, including TCU, power plays go call for 12-0* (he doesn't include ISU projections in this mag...but c'mon)
TCU was close and fair better in many ways, but from 2008-2011, this year would be the year to finally beat them.
My next step was going to find score predictions (which he does weekly for top 25 teams...I'm going to follow those through the season). In 2010 one game he shares he called for a 21-27 game between a bad texas and good OU, actual was 20-28. Many called for a 3 TD blowout...I'm going to look at other games soon,
I decided to check Utah's...why not I thought...it's scary for yewt "fans"
He's got them going 5-7 (assuming Mtst win-not a gimme though) Projections indicate losing 7 games including BYU and Pitt, I'm surprised frankly because they have some easy pac schedule going on, OSU and Udub are tied so I gave utah the benefit...can't wait to do score differences and see what PS does.
BYU and Pitt don't surprise me though since...well we all know, but PS has BYU has winning double, and as a top 5 nonaq, and Pitt as going to a BcS game.
He does bowl projections...so where does he have utah?
NOWHERE.
He has BYU playing Tulsa in the AF bowl however. BTW, beating Tulsa...the difference is in Tulsa's defense that will give up more points and yards then our D.
I did 2 other teams, ND and Washington
ND he speaks very highly of and has them going to their first BcS bowl (choke is my thought) hard to argue him from his work and evidence.
But Washington is interesting, he has them and utah both finishing 3rd in their divisions...he has Udub playing CSU in the NM bowl (only just announced remember) as 7th place...but doesn't have utah bowling...odd stuff. Utah has only 12 returning, so PS has little faith...but I'm happy to hear in the face of a gift-wrapped schedule he still has little faith in them for this year. :P
Can't wait to see this come to pass. *Not biased at all BTW ( I do realize he'd have us in a BcS bowl, but take note)

