Archived Topic

Darnel Dickson leaving the Daily Herald

by hawkwing · 6/11/2011

Advertisement
G
Guest
Looks like Dickson has landed a new job on the plains.



http://m.journalstar.com/sports/article_398293c6-ad03-5fc7-b77b-573177b8ca72.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;



Not to sure what to think about this one. He was ok here but not great. Good luck to him in his future endeavors.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
F
Florwood
I enjoyed most of his writing, and he and Franchuk did pioneer video commentary. Good luck to him as a Husker...
L
Lawboy
DD is a Cougar. Always will be. Just covers the Huskers now is all.
E
EM_Puma
I like Darnel. He was there at the Provo Hearald the two years I wrote on CougarBlue and I met with him only twice in those two years. I'm more disappointed thinking that Franchuk might take over. I'm just not a fan of his and it's probably just the silly reason that when Aaron King and I used to do that weekly prediction poll Franchuk would almost always just pick the underdog in all contests and made a mockery of what we were doing. If you don't want to do something don't, but don't waste people's time and I guess that tainted my view of the guy.



I can't imagine Husker fans to be that excited for one of their local papers to man their sports group with a BYU guy. You would think they would have plenty of potential candidates, but then I remembered that Lee Enterprises owns both papers and so this is like going from one corporate owned entity to another--a transfer. I never wanted to live in or around Lincoln, Nebraska. I have to go to Omaha in July to do a mission audit and none of us on staff were excited about going and finally I got picked to go. Hopefully this is a promotion, or maybe he just wants another adventure. I can understand that.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.