Archived Topic

Best way to record games

by sage · 6/5/2011

Advertisement
S
sage
Hey all. Some years ago I bought a DVD recorder from Panasonic that I really liked the features of. It had RAM disks that could be fast forwarded to thru the chapters and FF at 200 times speed. Very handy.



But it isn't doing so good lately. I was thinking of going to a DVR with a Hard Disk along the lines of a Tivo without the monthly subscription fee. What works best? Anybody got any knowledge or experience on this?



And if we use it, what is best over the air broadcast. How would Slingbox fit in?
C
CAFB_04-12
Slingbox is a place-shifting device allowing you to stream your DVR to the internet and watch it in your hotel room, for example (assuming a decent download bandwidth).



I have a Phillips DVDR3576 which is a DVD recorder with a hard drive, so I can record a season of games to the hard drive and put them to DVD when I get the chance. It's also connected to my Slingbox so I can watch the games when I'm away. A TV tuner card in your desktop computer could also probably be used to record games in HD if you have good video editing software to delete commercials and halftime.
W
Wickchad
My HD DVR from Dishnetwork allows for around 200 Hours of recording. It's well worth leasing the unit for around $5-$10 a month because you'd likely want to upgrade every couple of years to the newer DVR's as they come out instead of buying it for around $300.



If you are wanting to transfer to DVD I'm sure there are hookups for a DVD recorder. Also you can add a USB storage device for additional storage.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.