Archived Topic

More Jimmer (CBSSports)

by Magnus Ver Magnusson · 5/27/2011

Advertisement
M
Magnus Ver Magnusson
Here's what CBSSports has to say about Jimmer post-combine:



http://www.cbssports.com/#!/nba/draft/risersandfallers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;



Very positive. Not so much for Brandon Knight. It's hard to know what to believe when every website has a different take on these guys---even when they're all looking at the same info.



Check out Draft Express on the shooting results of the combine:



http://www.draftexpress.com/article/2011-NBA-Draft-Combine-Shooting-Drills-Results-3726/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;



Again, good stuff for Jimmer. He showed well. I can't wait for the draft to see how everything pans out.
S
SpiffCoug
I went back to 2005 to compare where Jimmer's combine results fit with previous PGs drafted in the 1st round (and other PGs from this year).



His 3.21s in the 3/4 court sprint ranks 25th of 37 PGs. He was faster than: Chris Paul (3.22), Derron Williams (3.25), Brandon Roy (3.25) and Steph Curry (3.28).



His 14 reps of 185lbs ranks 3rd, trailing only Shelvin Mack (17) and Derron Willaims (15).



His 10.42 lane agility ranks 1st. Faster than Raymond Felton (10.50), Aaron Brooks (10.57, John Wall (10.84), Russell Westbrook (10.98), OJ Mayo (11.04), Chris Paul (11.09), Brandon Roy (11.13), Derrick Rose (11.69) and Tyreke Evans (11.81).



Where Jimmer's "lack of athleticism" is apparent is in his vertical jump. His 28 inches (35 of 37) is better only than Patrick Mills and Jarrett Jack. And his 2-step vertical is 34 of 37 at 33 inches, better only than Mills (33), Eric Maynor (31.5) and Jack (28.5).
G
Gunk
SpiffCoug wrote:
I went back to 2005 to compare where Jimmer's combine results fit with previous PGs drafted in the 1st round (and other PGs from this year).



His 3.21s in the 3/4 court sprint ranks 25th of 37 PGs. He was faster than: Chris Paul (3.22), Derron Williams (3.25), Brandon Roy (3.25) and Steph Curry (3.28).



His 14 reps of 185lbs ranks 3rd, trailing only Shelvin Mack (17) and Derron Willaims (15).



His 10.42 lane agility ranks 1st. Faster than Raymond Felton (10.50), Aaron Brooks (10.57, John Wall (10.84), Russell Westbrook (10.98), OJ Mayo (11.04), Chris Paul (11.09), Brandon Roy (11.13), Derrick Rose (11.69) and Tyreke Evans (11.81).



Where Jimmer's "lack of athleticism" is apparent is in his vertical jump. His 28 inches (35 of 37) is better only than Patrick Mills and Jarrett Jack. And his 2-step vertical is 34 of 37 at 33 inches, better only than Mills (33), Eric Maynor (31.5) and Jack (28.5).


Very interesting. Thanks for doing all that hard work.
B
BroncoBot
I actually like that Jimmer is generally undervalued. Much better situation than Araujo who went no 8 and then ended up in Brazil in less than 5 years. Jimmer, especially if taken late, will have a chip on his shoulder from day 1. He's gonna be just fine in the NBA.
M
Magnus Ver Magnusson
Great work! Thanks for the analysis. I just can't wait till the draft is complete.
Advertisement
G
Gunk
declocoug wrote:
I actually like that Jimmer is generally undervalued. Much better situation than Araujo who went no 8 and then ended up in Brazil in less than 5 years. Jimmer, especially if taken late, will have a chip on his shoulder from day 1. He's gonna be just fine in the NBA.


So true and unlike Araujo, Jimmer has the skillset to do something with that motivation.



I think Araujo got set up for failure. Under a different team we might have seen a different scenario.
C
craigoscarson
SpiffCoug wrote:
I went back to 2005 to compare where Jimmer's combine results fit with previous PGs drafted in the 1st round (and other PGs from this year).



His 3.21s in the 3/4 court sprint ranks 25th of 37 PGs. He was faster than: Chris Paul (3.22), Derron Williams (3.25), Brandon Roy (3.25) and Steph Curry (3.28).



His 14 reps of 185lbs ranks 3rd, trailing only Shelvin Mack (17) and Derron Willaims (15).



His 10.42 lane agility ranks 1st. Faster than Raymond Felton (10.50), Aaron Brooks (10.57, John Wall (10.84), Russell Westbrook (10.98), OJ Mayo (11.04), Chris Paul (11.09), Brandon Roy (11.13), Derrick Rose (11.69) and Tyreke Evans (11.81).



Where Jimmer's "lack of athleticism" is apparent is in his vertical jump. His 28 inches (35 of 37) is better only than Patrick Mills and Jarrett Jack. And his 2-step vertical is 34 of 37 at 33 inches, better only than Mills (33), Eric Maynor (31.5) and Jack (28.5).


It's probably not available to see, but I wonder how he compares to some other guys that are most like him; Steve Nash, Mark Price, JJ Barea, etc...guys that came into the NBA as scoring 1st points that evolved into solid passers and good enough defenders.



I like the Deron Williams comparisons I've heard and hope that he develops into that type of a player. I don't think there's anything that DWill can do that Jimmer can't develop over time.
S
Short_Change
craigoscarson wrote:
I went back to 2005 to compare where Jimmer's combine results fit with previous PGs drafted in the 1st round (and other PGs from this year).



His 3.21s in the 3/4 court sprint ranks 25th of 37 PGs. He was faster than: Chris Paul (3.22), Derron Williams (3.25), Brandon Roy (3.25) and Steph Curry (3.28).



His 14 reps of 185lbs ranks 3rd, trailing only Shelvin Mack (17) and Derron Willaims (15).



His 10.42 lane agility ranks 1st. Faster than Raymond Felton (10.50), Aaron Brooks (10.57, John Wall (10.84), Russell Westbrook (10.98), OJ Mayo (11.04), Chris Paul (11.09), Brandon Roy (11.13), Derrick Rose (11.69) and Tyreke Evans (11.81).



Where Jimmer's "lack of athleticism" is apparent is in his vertical jump. His 28 inches (35 of 37) is better only than Patrick Mills and Jarrett Jack. And his 2-step vertical is 34 of 37 at 33 inches, better only than Mills (33), Eric Maynor (31.5) and Jack (28.5).


It's probably not available to see, but I wonder how he compares to some other guys that are most like him; Steve Nash, Mark Price, JJ Barea, etc...guys that came into the NBA as scoring 1st points that evolved into solid passers and good enough defenders.



I like the Deron Williams comparisons I've heard and hope that he develops into that type of a player. I don't think there's anything that DWill can do that Jimmer can't develop over time.


I agree, well except for getting up and throwing it down like D-Will.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.