Archived Topic

Brett Richins is Excited

by snoscythe · 5/17/2011

Advertisement
S
snoscythe
He's pretty excited about our defense next year:



http://deepshadesofblue.com/mendenhalls-got-talent/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;



Richins is a Grade-A blue-goggled homer who knows his views go up (and therefore his revenue) by adding more sugar to the Kool-Aid (note--I like this). I think we are a year off from a lockdown defense simply because young/new guys are going to make mistakes, but this year is still going to be fun to watch on that side of the ball.
F
frdbtr
I expect the defense to pick up right were it left off last year after Mendenhall took it over, then get better from there. Scary huh?
D
Ddawg
That's a very positive & upbeat article for BYU's Defense. Gets me all keyed up for the Fall!! Good article - exciting about our team this year.
Y
Y12
snoscythe wrote:
I think we are a year off from a lockdown defense simply because young/new guys are going to make mistakes, but this year is still going to be fun to watch on that side of the ball.


I think a lot of people would have said the same thing in 1984.



The element of surprise is underrated in college football. Coaches spend all offseason reviewing film and breaking down players strengths and weaknesses. When film is non-existant, and teams don't know what to expect the results are better.



This is partially why fab freshmen have sophomore slumps.



While experience is very valuable, this year the defense could have better numbers (points allowed, yards allowed) than next year just because teams don't have as much time during the season to adjust.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.