Archived Topic

Will Atamu Ah Ching Commit?

by byufan4ever · 5/11/2011

Advertisement
B
byufan4ever
http://www.ksl.com/?sid=15457997|nid=878



Will Atamu (Adam) Ah Ching from Greer, S.C commit to us? He says BYU is his top choice, but he also says he's going to wait until Signing Day and we don't have a good track record with those type of prospects.



Thoughts?
D
DeVon
I kind of get the feeling that if Butch commits then he'll come as a package deal. I also wonder if those two come if it will bring Joe Robinson along as well. That would be quite the three headed monster...throw Troy Hinds in there too (if he does in fact play OLB) and that is a scary corp.
B
BigCougsFan
DeVon wrote:
I kind of get the feeling that if Butch commits then he'll come as a package deal. I also wonder if those two come if it will bring Joe Robinson along as well. That would be quite the three headed monster...throw Troy Hinds in there too (if he does in fact play OLB) and that is a scary corp.


I haven't heard of any of those names! :sulk:
L
Lawboy
craigo seems to know this kid and his dad, so I suppose he might be the best one to ask. My gut tells me he is a BYU kid, but you never can tell. I am hoping he come in during Junior day and commits along with a couple of kids. Would be a nice early summer bonus.
J
jvquarterback
BigCougsFan wrote:
I kind of get the feeling that if Butch commits then he'll come as a package deal. I also wonder if those two come if it will bring Joe Robinson along as well. That would be quite the three headed monster...throw Troy Hinds in there too (if he does in fact play OLB) and that is a scary corp.


I haven't heard of any of those names! :sulk:


Atamu Ah Ching

Butch Pauu

Troy Hinds

Joe Robinson



That would be pretty sweet.
Advertisement
C
craigoscarson
Lawboy wrote:
craigo seems to know this kid and his dad, so I suppose he might be the best one to ask. My gut tells me he is a BYU kid, but you never can tell. I am hoping he come in during Junior day and commits along with a couple of kids. Would be a nice early summer bonus.


I think he's making a huge mistake by dragging this out. Adam is a really nice kid, but it's quite apparent he wants the limelight and I think he'll learn just like Uona Kaveinga that BYU was the right place for him from minute one and that his desire to be cool at Oregon, etc. won't help him be a better person or better football player. Just like Kaveinga and others have learned, the large and spacious building doesn't offer everything they think it does, but unlike Kaveinga, Adam is not a 5 star recruit and will not be given a post mission chance to pay for us.



Unfortunately for Adam, I think Bronco will pull his scholarship offer if he isn't willing to commit to BYU this summer just like he did to Bryson McKenzie. If he waits and wants to take all the trips for fun, Bronco is going to see a lack of commitment to the Cougar way and the BYU offer won't be on the table.



He's been given ample time to show he's a Cougar. I really like him and his dad, but if he plays this "wine me and dine me" game, he's going to lose the best offer he had. I'm almost certain of it. He knows what BYU is about, he knows the players on the team. If he's not sold by now, I'm not sure he ever will be and it might be time to find other players committed to being and doing it the BYU way.



I think he'll regret it the rest of his life if he waits til signing day... there won't be a BYU offer.
M
Metal Bubba
Craig... welcome back. Have you spoken to Adam's dad recently? His dad called me a couple weeks ago and asked if I thought you could answer some questions they have. I didn't ask him what questions, but I imagine they were recruiting type questions that he wanted advice on.



And by the way, I tend to agree with your comments/feelings on the subject. I just don't think I'm the man to come out and say all that to Otto because I'm no authority on the subject of college recruiting.
L
Lawboy
Hoping the kid just feels it at BYU Junior Day coming up here soon and decides to commit then and there. BYU needs a couple of these kids to do that to get some momentum for this class. Bronco seems to be able to close at camps, though, so I am hopeful.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.