Archived Topic

Rank 2011 Games by your excitment

by fifthqb · 5/10/2011

Advertisement
F
fifthqb
I was trying to decide the other day which game I was most excited for in the coming season. If you take a positive outlook (which I do), then there are a lot of games to be excited about. (Not counting a bowl game)



1. Sept. 10th, at Texas

This is the "must-win" game of the season for me. To walk into Texas' house and pull off a win would be huge. Beating a team with that amount of national exposure and tradition in our first year as an independent. I'm assuming both teams will win their first game. I'm more excited for this game than I was for any last season, by far.



2. Sept. 17th, vs. Utah

Home opener? Rivalry game? Potentially both teams being undefeated with wins over marque programs (Us: Texas and Ole Miss, with a long shot of the utes beating USC). The home opener to me is always the best atmosphere, throw in a chance to destroy the Utes in LES? Man, I can't wait for this game.



3. Sept 3rd, at Ole Miss

A chance to pull off a win in the SEC country is something to always get excited about. Its hard to read too much into the first game, but losing your first game can kill some of the spirit of the season early. Also, the first chance to see Doman's offense. A lot to be excited about with this one.



4. Sept. 30th, vs Utah State.

Losing to Utah State last year was the low point for me of the year. It was worse than when we lost Davies in my mind. To me there is no excuse for losing to the aggies and I know the way that things went down last season there is going to be a lot of payback. I can't wait to shut those aggies up for the next 20 years until they have another chance against us.



5. Oct. 28th, at TCU

I am sick of losing to TCU, and I am sick of coach Patterson. I would love to beat TCU in this game, I hope they are undefeated and that we crush their hopes. A big time game on national TV, in Texas against what will likely be a top 10 team at the time. If we haven't lost at this point, it will probably be one of our last chances to make a statement.



6. Dec. 3rd, at Hawaii.

If we haven't lost at this point in the season, this game will be huge. If we have a couple of loses, this one will be for pride. Hawaii is a tough place to play, but it should be a fun one to watch.



7. Sept. 23rd vs. UCF

The 2nd best home game of the year. Excited to attend this one. I think UCF will be in the top 25 still at this point, and should be a respectable win. Wins vs. Teams from Florida are always fun.



8. Oct. 15th, at Oregon State

If this game had been played last year it probably would have been 3rd on my list. Testament to the step up in schedule this season. A win against a pac team is always good. Looking for another win, but this time without the wind to give them an excuse.



9. San Jose st

10. Idaho

11. New Mexico State

12. Idaho State.



What about you guys? How you ranking the games?
L
Lawboy
1) Utah--it's the rivalry game. Will always top my list. Big win here would be sweet.

2) Ole Miss--because I am going.

3)Texas--will go next time around, but a win in Austin will turn heads.

4)TCU--big game at Jerry's World vs a team we have a simmering rivalry with. Wish it could continue.

5)Oregon State--PAC games always get more notice, and it is amazing this one is #5. Most years, might be #2.

6)Hawaii--we have not done great at Aloha Stadium in the past, and this is always a huge game on the islands.

7)UCF--a solid team at LES. Again, amazing this is so far down the list, but have a deep schedule this year.

8 )USU--in state game with a revenge factor. But still, just the Aggies, who got their 1 win every 20 years last season.

9-12)the rest.
S
scott715
Sept 3 at Ole Miss since it is the next game. Can't wait
M
mormonrasta
1. Texas

2. Utah

3. Ole Miss

4. OSU

5. TCU

6. Hawaii

7. UCF

8. Utah St.

9. NMSU

10. SJSU

11. Idaho

12. ISU
J
jonnylingo
Utah

Texas

tcu

osu

ucf

ole miss

hawaii

utah state

the rest you can hardly call exciting.
Advertisement
C
cscoug
Texas- A win here does wonders for us nationally

Ole Miss- I really want to win the first game and in SEC territory

Utah- It would be great to get revenge for last year and beat the Pac12...again

TCU- We have a few years of frustration to let out

Oregon St- Beat the Pac12

UCF- This might be the most underrated game on our schedule. Don't want to lose at home.

Hawaii- Trip to the islands always an adventure for us.

Utah St- Last year was ugly. Don't want to ever see that again.



The rest will be good for us to get better as a team.
S
Screamineagle
I am excited about TCU and Utah, will be fun to put a whoppin on a couple old MWC foes.

Texas and Ole Miss Give lots of credibility if the Cougs win.

OSU,Hawaii and UCF all have potential to be trap games so hope they take these seriously.

Utah State paybacks gonna be a (edited).

The others I will watch because I am a fan.
S
SpiffCoug
BYU will score 100 points in the Utah and Utah St games combined. We're going to kill both teams.
J
joy
Can't wait to see the next game.
C
crh55
Got to be the Ole Miss game! I got my airfare last week, can't wait!
Advertisement
S
Schmoe
I'm equally excited for all of them, is that strange?
S
superchargedcougar
TCU - I expect them to be the best team in our schedule and I'm sick of Gary Patterson and those annoying frogs killing us. I can't even remember the last time we beat them because I was still in middle school. It'll feel good to get the TCU monkey off our backs.



Utah - Looking forward to some serious bragging rights. I have never been so angry as the moment that that last field goal was blocked. I almost busted a hole in the TV and everyone in the room was telling me to chill out. I'm ready to see those :utard: s cry when they see that their new Pac12 system doesn't make them better than us



Texas - It's Texas. Beating them will bring the early exposure which will be augmented by wins against Utah and TCU. Plus they should be in position to bounce back this year if they can fix their QB problem and patch some holes. Mack Brown has only had one losing season in his career and it took more than a decade for it to happen. I expect him to go another decade before he has another losing season.



Utah State - Grudge Match. I don't think I'll be satisfied unless they shut them out and score more than 60. I know that isn't too likely since common courtesy will prevent that high of a score but i want to see it anyway.



Ole Miss - beating an SEC team is important. Even if it is one of the weakest ones



Hawaii - Recruiting benefits when it comes to Polynesians and they are typically a decent team and put up a nice fight



Oregon St. - Stick it to the Pac12...again



UCF - Florida is a good recruiting state and UCF is a decent team usually



the rest - I'll be at all the home games since I'll be attending BYU this year. Really looking forward to seeing some serious demolishing of some teams. These games may not be the marquee exposure increasing games but I enjoy blowouts.



Of course, this is also close to the order of the games I will be the most nervous about. With Utah State dropping below UCF of course
B
BYUcougfan
1) Ole Miss - I am always the most jazzed about the first game because of all the lead up

2) Texas - Can't wait to see whatn we are made of

3) Utah - The Utah game became much more important to me when I moved to Utah in 2002. Living among them when they win is unbearable. Still, I don't think they are any good this year so this game slides to #3.

4) Oregon St. - I want to pound every PAC team we play every time.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
L
Lawboy
1) Ole Miss--I will be there, so that explains this pick. Plus, a win starts the momentum for 2011.

2)Utah-Rivalry game. Always pumped for this one, especially years where it is at LES because I know I will be there. Plus, I think we punk them this year for a change.

3)Texas--only 2nd game there ever.

4)TCU-always a tough game against an opponent that actually has scares me recently. With Dalton gone, so is that fear though. He was that good.

5)Oregon State-always love the chance to play and beat a PAC-12 school at their place.

6)CFU-a decent home game to be excited about. OF the top 7 games this year, sadly, only 2 are at home. That does not bode well for us.

7)Hawaii--an old rivalry renewed. They always play us tough in Aloha stadium

8)USU--tie to exact some payback for the fiasco in Logan last year.

9-12)The rest. Home games we should win without too much problem. I suppose we will get to see the back-ups get more reps in these. So there is that.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.