Archived Topic

Jadon Wagner calls it quits at BYU

by hawkwing · 5/5/2011

Advertisement
G
Guest
Jadon Wagner has decided to forgo his senior season at BYU and enter the CFL draft.
“I’m ready to start a pro career sooner rather than later,” said Wagner, in between rounds of a golf holiday he’s enjoying this week in Arizona with his older brother, former Saskatchewan Roughrider Aaron Wagner. “So I’ll play in the CFL this year and then go back to Utah, finish the one class and graduate and this time next year, I’ll be going into my second year of pro rather than my first. It just makes sense.”

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/sports/linebacker+believes+time+right+luck/4730893/story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
L
Lawboy
Heard this before spring ball. Not surprised at all. Wagner was a beast on run support and played great for us the 2nd half of the season. Will be missed, but luckily, it is a position with great depth for us.
B
BigCougsFan
ProV1 wrote:
Isn't his name Jadon? Tough when your owns fans don't know you.


Well... Soon he'll have less fans to worry about, not knowing his name.



Good luck to the hombre!



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
G
Gunk
Hmmm...what's this say about the CFL
Advertisement
G
Guest
ProV1 wrote:
Isn't his name Jadon? Tough when your owns fans don't know you.


Yep, good catch. I messed that one up. It's kinda funny, this is the second time I've messed up his identity in some way. Oops!
U
urroner
Thanks to TTimTexas, our loyal opposition who is a good Ute fan and not a :utard:



This is the level of players in the CFL



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPYvI4xOOxQ
M
mcgregor
In so many ways, he will not be missed.



He was making great strides, though.
B
BroncoBot
mcgregor wrote:
In so many ways, he will not be missed.



He was making great strides, though.


McGman, in all honesty what does this mean? The guy seemed like he was going to have a great Sr. year. What happened?
T
trueblue72
Is this a brett engemann move where competition at the college level is too tough so he turned pro? Or is it a plaisted where he is looking at a full year of life gone for one class, or turn pro make some cash while you can and them finish that class later? If he has a legit shot to make a cfl team and make some good money, I say go for it. Hell, I would!



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.