Archived Topic

Will We Get Bingham's Jared Afalava?

by byucougar1 · 4/25/2011

Advertisement
B
byucougar1
Sounds like we have 3 things in our favor that will give us a good shot at landing him:



1. Afalava plans to attend both BYU’s camp this summer and is definitely going to participate in BYU's Junior Day on June 3.



He told Brandon Gurney,



2. “I’m a strong Mormon kid and my faith is very important to me, so I really like that BYU is a Mormon school with high ideals and a good environment,” he said. “They also have a good Polynesian community down there like Utah does. I’m very good friends with Manoa [Pikula], Baker [Pritchard], Mo [Moses Kaumatule] and Kesni [Tausinga]. They all are real excited to go to BYU and they want me to go down there with them, obviously.”



3. He also has a sister that attends BYU, and stated, "



“Family and being close to family is important to me, so I really like that I’ll be able to attend school with my sister.”
J
jonnylingo
In that same article he was gushing about utah. It sounds like he is looking for other offer as well. Would be a huge get but I think byu has their work cut out for them with him. He will surely add additional offers in the coming months. he is very good and will be a big recruit.
L
Lawboy
I say we have a 49% chance to land him. If he does not commit just after Junior Day, it goes down even more. Some kids just want an out of state experience. Cue "BYU Experience" discussion.
I
imuakahuku
http://www.swissarmylibrarian.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/8ballaskagain.gif" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
scott715
Says he wants PAC-10 and may not serve a mission.
Advertisement
W
Wickchad
From the article it sounds like he is Utah's to lose. It also sounds like he is better friends with Langi than all of the other Bingham players that committed to BYU.
C
CougarClaw
I want all the football talent on the team we can get, but if Langi is an example of who he likes to hang out with... Cue the BYU experience discussion again.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.