Archived Topic

2012 - Moana Ofahengaue

by jvquarterback · 4/13/2011

Advertisement
J
jvquarterback
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/24609/moana-ofahengaue" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Again they won't let me embed the video



These are complete game highlights so you get to see what he does on plays he isn't sacking the QB. I didn't see any inside moves, just a speed rush from the outside.
L
Lawboy
IF you are paying attention to recruiting, this kid might be the 2nd most highly recruited kid in Utah, behind Troy Hinds. He has 20 offers already, including BYU, Utah, Notre Dame, Nebraska, UCLA, OrState, and more. Big time player who would play OLB in a 3-4, and can get to a QB. He could be the next KVN. Keep an eye on this kid.



And by the way, his name ought to sound familiar because his dad Tevita played at BYU, and was drafted. If we do not land this kid, it hurts way worse than Biegel because he lives in Utah County. Gott lock down the locals who are highly touted. Rule 1 for Bronco and crew.



http://oregonstate.scout.com/a.z?s=182&p=8&c=1&nid=4851718" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
G
Guest
I live right next Westlake HS and didn't know this kid was there. I thought the only athlete they had worth mentioning was their QB. Don't know how I hadn't heard of him. I wonder what ward he lives in out here.
G
Guest
Brandon Gurney is reporting that BYU is not pursuing Moana and has not offered him a scholarship. Apparently the relationship between his family and BYU is 'strained.'
GurneyTBS Brandon Gurney wrote:

BYU has NOT offered Moana Ofahengaue...relations have been a bit strained with that family and I can't see BYU pursuing him

And then he followed that up with this:
GurneyTBS Brandon Gurney wrote:

think I misspoke saying that the relations have been a "bit" strained...they've been "severely" strained over the years for whatever reason
L
Lawboy
The BYU Scout link I posted had him holding an offer from BYU, and that he was medium on BYU. It appears that is inaccurate info on scout.



Sounds like a long shot. Still, strange that Tevita has been distanced from BYU. Wonder what the story is? Strange since BYU gave him the chance to play, got him an education, and he got an NFL shot out of BYU. Plus, I was at LaVell's last game in 2000 and Tevita played in that one and seemed a bit anti-U in some gestures. Must have been offended. Or perhaps, this is what Vai Sikahema was writing about in one of his articles about poly coaches at BYU?



Sounds like he will end up elsewhere.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.