Archived Topic

Another High Profile Commit Coming?

by jonnylingo · 4/11/2011

Advertisement
J
jonnylingo
http://deepshadesofblue.com/cougars-adding-another-high-profile-player/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+DeepShadesOfBlue+%28Deep+Shades+of+Blue%29" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;


Deep Shades of Blue has learned that BYU is expecting another high-profile recruit to sign on to its football program, and could be making an announcement within the next couple of weeks.


They believe that it is someone like Hill who committed somewhere else and is now on a mission.



Anybody care to speculate? X? Lloyd? Badger?



I guess Lloyd is the only one that went straight out. the article does say "directly".
G
Guest
I saw this too. I'm not sure who it could be, but I'd be surprised if it's another QB.
W
Wickchad
The person that immediately came to my mind was Badger, but if he didn't immediately go on a mission then I guess that would rule him out.



I find it hard to believe that they actually wrote an article saying: "we heard a rumor but can't say any specifics, but when you hear the news two weeks from now you will know that we broke the news first..."



Isn't that what cougarboard is for...
C
CougarClaw
Langi!
T
trueblue72
I'm drawing a blank on badger and Lloyd? Who are they?



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
B
BigCougsFan
CougarClaw wrote:
Langi!


There's no way Langi will come to BYU. I would be shocked if he even went on a mission. I don't like to judge, but his tattoed up arms are kind of a give away.



But I'd still love to have his suit up in blue rather than red.



Plus after reading the article. He's already on his mission.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
B
BigCougsFan
trueblue72 wrote:
I'm drawing a blank on badger and Lloyd? Who are they?



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


Badger is a fast white boy who plays in the secondary.



Lloyd was a 3 or 4 star QB out of Highline, I think. Both are from Utah.



I didn't think we offered Lloyd a schollie. Did we? Plus he wasn't a "high profile" recruit... Was he?



[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
J
jonnylingo
trueblue72 wrote:
I'm drawing a blank on badger and Lloyd? Who are they?



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


lloyd was high proile qb recruit out of pleasant grove. Badger was high profile lds safety that went to notre dame.



badger enrolled at notre dame.
J
jonnylingo
hawkwing wrote:
I saw this too. I'm not sure who it could be, but I'd be surprised if it's another QB.


Me too, but both hill and lloyd are great athletes who could probably do really well at safety as well if qb didn't work out. Lloyd played safety as well.



Interesting. hope the rumor is true.
C
CougarClaw
BigCougsFan wrote:
Langi!


There's no way Langi will come to BYU. I would be shocked if he even went on a mission. I don't like to judge, but his tattoed up arms are kind of a give away.



But I'd still love to have his suit up in blue rather than red.



Plus after reading the article. He's already on his mission.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


The odds of Langi coming to BYU are probably worse than Manti Te'o transferring. I went right for the least likely candidates....
Advertisement
T
trueblue72
Thanks. Badger is out of timpview but I still don't remember Lloyd. Thanks for helping me get in the loop on this tag



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
G
Guest
I've heard a few rumors from people with no credibility that it'll be Dallas Lloyd and Xavier Su'afilo transferring from Stanford and UCLA to BYU. But again, this is rumor board style rumors.
Advertisement
J
jonnylingo
blueballs wrote:
Hamani Stevens?



In the comments to this article Jon Hunt the author states that the Oregon coaches are planning on Stevens not returning to the Ducks :) :)



http://blog.oregonlive.com/behindducksbeat/2011/01/oregon_football_ricky_heimuli.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;


"I love my church and will always put the Lord first in my life but trust that he will lead me along the way. I just don't want to lose this opportunity that is in front of me right now."



I am sorry, I can't resist pointing out the inconsistency in that statement. its makes me chuckle.
J
jonnylingo
hawkwing wrote:
I've heard a few rumors from people with no credibility


:lol: :lol:
F
fifthqb
I can't believe people leaked this. Its true, I am the rumored recruit. I was disgusted with the performance of our fifth string qb at the spring game and have decided to come out of football retirement. A "high profile" might be an exaggeration, but I do have a facebook profile.
D
Ddawg
trueblue72 wrote:
Thanks. Badger is out of timpview but I still don't remember Lloyd. Thanks for helping me get in the loop on this tag



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


Lloyd was a talented & highly recruited QB from Pleasant Grove. Unfortunately, Stanford has Andrew Luck @ QB. Projected to be the #1 QB taken in the NFL Drsft this year. Lloyd is riding the bench behind Luck. I believe Luck will be a Junior this year & did not enter the Draft.



Lloyd is a very gifted athlete. I would love to see him come to the Y.

8)
D
Ddawg
Personally - I expect Xavier (X-Man) to seriously consider transferring to the Y. It would be HUGE!!!!! A big reason he went to UCLA was Norm Chow - fired.



"X", as a true Freshman was the #1 Offensive Lineman @ UCLA. He loved his educational experience @ UCLA. But, Chow is gone & UCLA is still in the crapper. I expect the HC Rick Neuheisel to be fired after this year. Alumni are all buzzing down here - this is his last chance.



Why would "X" want to return to play in such mediocrity & uncertainty? I wouldn't. If I was "X's" Dad - we'd be planning an exit strategy right now!!!!

:crazy:
Page 1 of 3
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.