Archived Topic

MWC Scheduling

by YBrit · 4/8/2011

Advertisement
Y
YBrit
Glad we were already scheduled to leave as the mwc would've tried to screw BYU so much worse if we waited another year. Anyways, it looks like someone over there is getting some intelligence. I use the term "national tv" very loosely (e.g. vs, cbs-cs)

tcu: 7 "national tv" games, including the most national ESPN against BYU.



BS: 8 "national tv" games, two ESPN games (Georgia, Fresno (ha))





unlv, wyo, csu, sdsu, air force, unm combined: 16 "national tv" games, all on the ones mwc is tied to, but AF does play at ND (nbc). SDS has the most CBS-CS (they should be glad not to play BYU)

Only 9 of those 16 "national games" do not involve play against tcu or BS.

AF, tcu, BS, each have 3 VS games.







The more I look at BYUs schedule the happier I am. Even though 2011 was a mad dash of luck and help, it's not too bad. It's front heavy with a month and half of great match-ups/intrigue, and then every other week is a "get ready" week for a big game, (e.g. sjsu, then Oregon St; idaho st, then tcu) not a perfect pattern, but no AD could've done better, and outside of ND, who else could pull this off with yearly success?





Okay, that's my last official post on the mwc, until TCU week. Or until we announce we took their best reporter/donated our old 1980s camera equipment as a trade.
E
EM_Puma
YBrit wrote:
Okay, that's my last official post on the mwc, until TCU week.


Honestly, I never would have thought that in our post-MWC days of independence, I never thought that TCU would be the first of our former conference teams that we would play, especially because of TCU's rabid reaction.



Going forward, I would have to believe that of the remaining MWC teams (as presently constituted from 2010 season excluding Utah), I believe in the next five years that we will only enter into contracts to play:



UNLV

Air Force

CSU



I don't see us playing for a long time Wyoming, SDSU and possibly NM. After this season I believe it will be a long time until we play TCU again as well.



I think it will be different for BB as I don't think there will be as much of a delay in scheduling at least on MWC team per year in our non-conference schedule.
B
BYULV
I receive emails from the sdsu athletic dept due to signing up with them for my group tix to the football game against BYU every other year. They have been pushing hard to determine and/or establish an identity for the mwc. The stuff they have been sending out shows they are more clueless than I had realized, ie the sdsu athletic dept is just now pushing their fan base to clamor for wider distribution of the mountain (didn't we do that like 3 years ago?). Anyway, they just sent me a survey about the mwc from an independent survey firm. If anyone is interested in checking it out it, here's the link:



https://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/478115/Mountain-West-Conference-Survey" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;



I gave my honest opinions, doubt they'll clue in, but they really let a great opportunity slip away by forcing BYU's hand. Now they are left with a mess that I believe is more likely to implode than become relevant. Utah probably leaves no matter what, but BYU and TCU could have still been members if the mwc had done things right. I like where we are at now, although a I sure would have liked an independent BYU football program with our other sports still in the mwc. Both sides would have benefitted I believe.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.