Archived Topic

"Reno, we have a problem."

by cougarblue333 · 4/7/2011

Advertisement
M
Mingjai
They'll be okay once they become a member of the MWC and get a share of the MWC's lucrative television contract!



Good luck with that, Nevada...
B
Brayden Green
CrimsonCoug wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsJM52tIZvo&feature=player_detailpage#t=254s



Bob = BYU

Leo Marvin = (Lack of) Hair Thompson

Faye and kids = MWC schools

and of course, all the BYU fans sitting in a boat.



How do we feel about the MWC now? :evil:


I forgot about that part--awesome. Big kudos for the find and analogy!! Perfect!


and the house would be - of course - the Mountain Worst conference.
Advertisement
E
EM_Puma
Any school that can't, through a donor, get them to not fall below that $4MM benchmark doesn't deserve to be Divison 1. It's fretting about nothing as I don't see that happening.
Y
YBrit
SLCC's left wing has more $$ and personality than UNR or the mwc.
M
Mars


Serves those losers right.
B
blue42
Don't worry I am sure The Hairball will come up with some kind of concession that will allow Reno to play all other sports in the conference.
R
rblack
The lower half of the MWC shouldn't be Division 1 anyway so, I don't see a problem.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
M
mormonrasta
EM_Puma wrote:
Any school that can't, through a donor, get them to not fall below that $4MM benchmark doesn't deserve to be Divison 1. It's fretting about nothing as I don't see that happening.


This seems to be a recent pattern in D1 sports. A school announces they have to cut programs due to funding, then surprise, surprise at the 11th hour they find funding to save the sports/status. It has happened with ASU wrestling and Cal baseball. Maybe I'm too cynical, but I think Nevada losing D1 status is about as likely as BYU joining the Pac-10.
C
CougarClaw
Nevada universities have been in the news recently because of extreme budget problems. In the past, Nevada provided amazing levels of funding for locals which had to be yanked because of the recession. I heard on NPR of a few Nevada universities experiencing budget cuts of 50% and having to raise tuition by like 60%.



Not having scholarships is probably another symptom of this same problem.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.