Archived Topic

Wow, Jay Drew is Amazing

by jonnylingo · 4/6/2011

Advertisement
J
jonnylingo
Cecil give Rose a compliment and Jay takes it way out of context and starts with this headline. Wow, I usually get annoyed with the drew hate but that is incredible.



http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/cougars/51575535-88/rose-coach-contract-byu.html.csp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;



Look at cecil's comments and then look at his headline. I am officially on the Jay Drew is a tool bandwagon.



http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/cougars/51575535-88/rose-coach-contract-byu.html.csp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
M
Mars


True or False: Jay Drew writes and submits an article, and his editor comes up with the headline, without asking or telling the author.
J
jonnylingo
Mars wrote:


True or False: Jay Drew writes and submits an article, and his editor comes up with the headline, without asking or telling the author.


True or false, Drew has no input in the headline. He doesn't make suggestions and often the editor just doesn't go with what he suggests.
S
scott715
And who reads the trib anylonger? I refuse to go to their webstie anymore.
Advertisement
C
CAFB_04-12
Curious.
K
kiwibacon
jonnylingo wrote:
Your not going to believe it, but they just changed the headline.



http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/cougars/51575535-88/rose-coach-contract-byu.html.csp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;



Went from something like "Rose still underpaid" to what it says now. Wow. Interesting.

Could that be a compliment saying Rose is so valuable that any amount of money is under paying him? I guess context could help.
Y
YBrit
Maybe he'll follow ex-ute transfer will clyburn to Lubbock like 2 transfers did last year. :lol: :lol: :lol:
J
jonnylingo
kiwibacon wrote:
Your not going to believe it, but they just changed the headline.



http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/cougars/51575535-88/rose-coach-contract-byu.html.csp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;



Went from something like "Rose still underpaid" to what it says now. Wow. Interesting.

Could that be a compliment saying Rose is so valuable that any amount of money is under paying him? I guess context could help.


That was a compliment. Cecil intended it to be a compliment. the way the article title was stated it took it out of context and was just stating that he was in fact under paid. Cecil was saying that he is such a great coach no matter what we paid him it would be not enough. it was his way of skirting the question of not saying what the number was.
G
Guest
Jay Drew has an anti-BYU bias. He just does.



The SL Tribune has an anti-BYU bias. They just do.
Advertisement
B
BroncoBot
jay who? salt lake has a tribune?
G
Guest
No.
Y
YBrit
I wish the owners of the D-news would monitor their lil' project better.
C
CAFB_04-12
hawkwing wrote:
Jay Drew has an anti-BYU bias. He just does.



The SL Tribune has an anti-BYU bias. They just do.

I've never gotten that vibe from Drew. I don't mind his articles. He probably got a billion emails complaining about the headline and then went to his editors and said, "bro, that's not what Cese said."
B
Brayden Green
CAFB_04-12 wrote:
Jay Drew has an anti-BYU bias. He just does.



The SL Tribune has an anti-BYU bias. They just do.

I've never gotten that vibe from Drew. I don't mind his articles. He probably got a billion emails complaining about the headline and then went to his editors and said, "bro, that's not what Cese said."


You should follow his tweets more. I can almost see him smiling when BYU gets down (or close) in basketball. When we are blowing people away, he is strangely silent.
Advertisement
C
CAFB_04-12
I see his tweets everyday. I don't get the vibe. He's no Monson, if that's what you mean. He's a reporter, not a fan.
B
Brayden Green
CAFB_04-12 wrote:
I see his tweets everyday. I don't get the vibe. He's no Monson, if that's what you mean. He's a reporter, not a fan.


I wouldn't wish that evil on anyone! Except maybe Franchuck...
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.