Archived Topic

This is a shock

by jonnylingo · 4/5/2011

Advertisement
J
jonnylingo
http://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/index.ssf/2011/04/oregon_ducks_football_dt_ricky.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;



Heimuli not going on a mission. I am just blown away with shock. This is only going to play into Bronco's hand. those guys who truly care that a school be willing to work with them on going on a mission really have no other choice but byu. all other schools are full of crap when they make those promises.



it may be the case that he really didn't want to go on his own, but my guess is there was pressure there not to go.
S
SpiffCoug
jonnylingo wrote:
it may be the case that he really didn't want to go on his own, but my guess is there was pressure there not to go.

My guess is he didn't want to go on a mission and knew it would be an easier "decision" to not go if he wasn't at BYU. While there isn't any "pressure" or "expectation" to serve if you come to BYU, it certainly is much easier/harder to decide to go/not go in Provo.
B
BerliNY
[gasp]
L
Lawboy
I think many kids who do not want to serve choose other schools than BYU because they do not want the peer presure or disapproval when they choose not to go. So it sort of cuts both ways for BYU. We need to fid a way to be more welcoming to those kids. Obviously, we are getting more non-LDS athletes, so that helps too. It is not just an RM culture. I am not bagging on an RM culture, just saying that based upon reports from Spirng camp last year, it can be an issue.
C
CAFB_04-12
Doesn't explain Heaps decision to come to BYU.
Advertisement
S
SpiffCoug
CAFB_04-12 wrote:
Doesn't explain Heaps decision to come to BYU.

Because Heaps wasn't afraid of mission pressure. He'd already decided he wasn't going. I think Heimuli didn't want to go on a mission and didn't want to disappoint his family by not going. By leaving Utah and moving away from home it made that decision easier to break to them. Just my opinion.
K
kiwibacon
SpiffCoug wrote:
Doesn't explain Heaps decision to come to BYU.

Because Heaps wasn't afraid of mission pressure. He'd already decided he wasn't going. I think Heimuli didn't want to go on a mission and didn't want to disappoint his family by not going. By leaving Utah and moving away from home it made that decision easier to break to them. Just my opinion.

This.
B
Brayden Green
Well good for him. I'm sure that was a hard decision to make.
S
Schmoe
That's not a shock, THIS is a shock:



http://images.autoanything.com/images/products/med/Suspension/rancho_coilover_shock.jpg" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
T
trueblue72
Isn't that a shock and strut?



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
S
Schmoe
trueblue72 wrote:
Isn't that a shock and strut?



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


I see you've played shocky-strutty before.
R
redneckjedi
Schmoe wrote:
Isn't that a shock and strut?



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


I see you've played shocky-strutty before.


+1 for the Simpson's reference! :)



[youtube]Xqghpm4gXf4[/youtube]
C
CAFB_04-12
SpiffCoug wrote:
Doesn't explain Heaps decision to come to BYU.

Because Heaps wasn't afraid of mission pressure. He'd already decided he wasn't going. I think Heimuli didn't want to go on a mission and didn't want to disappoint his family by not going. By leaving Utah and moving away from home it made that decision easier to break to them. Just my opinion.

That's true. He was pretty up front about it. Still, I wonder if he gets "backlash." BYU can be brutal sometimes.
S
SpiffCoug
CAFB_04-12 wrote:
CAFB_04-12 wrote:
Doesn't explain Heaps decision to come to BYU.

Because Heaps wasn't afraid of mission pressure. He'd already decided he wasn't going. I think Heimuli didn't want to go on a mission and didn't want to disappoint his family by not going. By leaving Utah and moving away from home it made that decision easier to break to them. Just my opinion.

That's true. He was pretty up front about it. Still, I wonder if he gets "backlash." BYU can be brutal sometimes.

He probably doesn't. Or if he does, it's not from people in his circle. I don't think Heimuli would have gotten the amount of backlash that he thinks he might have. BYU can be brutal, but it can also be pretty understanding.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.