Archived Topic

Spring Game Lunch FINAL ROUND

by hawkwing · 4/4/2011

Advertisement
G
Guest
Okay, so the voting was too close to call on the last poll, largely because there were too many options and everyone just voted on the one place they suggested in the first place.



Now, I'm taking the 3 highest vote getters and putting them head to head.



This is your last chance to make your voice heard.
E
EM_Puma
I only went to Fuddruckers once, before this last utah game. It was okay and like I said, I can find food anywhere. It just didn't seem like they had as much seating as the Golden Corral. I don't think I was in your original number. Can we accomodate everyone at Fuddruckers? it seems like it would take a whole long time to get everyone through Fuddruckers as they have to process everyone individually whereas with a buffett, everyone could eat at the same time.
M
Metal Bubba
I voted even though I won't be there. Is that wrong?
G
Guest
I've gone to Fuddruckers with pretty big groups before, so I don't think that will be too much of a problem. Seating should be okay, I'll call and talk to the manager about it though if thats the choice everyone chooses.
C
Cougarbib
hawkwing wrote:
Okay, so the voting was too close to call on the last poll, largely because there were too many options and everyone just voted on the one place they suggested in the first place.



Now, I'm taking the 3 highest vote getters and putting them head to head.



This is your last chance to make your voice heard.

Moanmar Khadafi sp? says Democracy sucks as did Saddam Hussein sp? Most of the time I disagree - but on things as important as this - you may have to become a dictator.



I will not vote since I can't justify flying in for this great occasion - couldn't even if you were buying lunch. I actually wish I could be there. I have formed images about so many posters and it would be hilarious to find out how far off they probably are. The Cartel would probably jump me in the parking lot anyway. But enjoy lunch and give us a full report. You might make it fun by having all attendees listed in advance and then have everyone guess - what each one looks like, age, sex, where from, etc., and see who is the most misunderstood. If an old guy with bad eyes from Heber City originally -wearing an Aloha shirt shows up - you will know I changed my mind and decided $800 wasn't too impractical for a nice lunch.

:D
Advertisement
S
snoscythe
Sure--that's the reason you give HW, but based upon Ladyhawke's posting re: Golden Corral, I can see how you might need a new poll to try and implement some of what we heard re: spouses over the weekend.
T
The Wife of Hawkwing
snoscythe wrote:
Sure--that's the reason you give HW, but based upon Ladyhawke's posting re: Golden Corral, I can see how you might need a new poll to try and implement some of what we heard re: spouses over the weekend.


:lol:



What can I say? I have a big influence on Hawkwing's decisions ... especially when I can hang the Prophet's and Apostle's words over his head. ;)



Who knows, maybe I would have a better experience this time at the good ol' Golden Corral. It has been a very, very long time since I went there. And it was on Thanksgiving, so I was probably just upset that I was at Golden Corral and not at home having homemade goodness.
C
Cougarbib
The Wife of Hawkwing wrote:
Sure--that's the reason you give HW, but based upon Ladyhawke's posting re: Golden Corral, I can see how you might need a new poll to try and implement some of what we heard re: spouses over the weekend.


:lol:



What can I say? I have a big influence on Hawkwing's decisions ... especially when I can hang the Prophet's and Apostle's words over his head. ;)



Who knows, maybe I would have a better experience this time at the good ol' Golden Corral. It has been a very, very long time since I went there. And it was on Thanksgiving, so I was probably just upset that I was at Golden Corral and not at home having homemade goodness.


My mother is an Angel - probably the best head resident ever at Deseret Towers back in the day. Golden Corral is her favorite restaurant if that helps any. But then she is 82 years old and takes her teeth out at night. I took her to the one on University Pkwy last time I was in Provo and it was OK and definitely a good value.



But then I am easy to please - would probably go for Subway Sandwich in the Wilkinson Center and get the $5 Footlong special and a cup of ice water. You can't beat that for a healthy value type meal as long as you skip all the sauces, go with the Black Forest Ham, and the 9-grain wheat bread. Of course you can upgrade to Turkey for a couple of bucks.



Now if you all want to splurge - is Tucanos Brazillian BBQ - or whatever that place is called over towards Provo Canyon - open for lunch? That place is nice!
G
Guest
The voting is really heating up! I've never seen such fast and furious food action.
S
snoscythe
The poor buffetteers are having their vote split by the Golden Corral/Chuckarama choices. Damn you Ross Perot!!
Advertisement
Y
YBrit
Ya, but is the choice yours at fudruckers?
G
Guest
We are going to end up with a 3 way tie here, I just know it.
J
JamieVallen
Can I change my vote from chuck a Rama to golden corral? Because Id rather go to a buffet restaurant than Fudruckers. I mean don't get me wrong I like Fudruckers I'd just prefer a buffet style restaurant.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
T
The Wife of Hawkwing
YBrit wrote:
Ya, but is the choice yours at fudruckers?


Technically yes, because you get to put on your choice of toppings on your hamburger. ;)
U
Ungoy
jmvcougar wrote:
Can I change my vote from chuck a Rama to golden corral? Because Id rather go to a buffet restaurant than Fudruckers. I mean don't get me wrong I like Fudruckers I'd just prefer a buffet style restaurant.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


We should just combine Golden Corral and Chuck-a-Rama. I would guesstimate that most people who have voted chuck-a-rama and Golden Corral feel the same way... :)
Advertisement
J
JamieVallen
Ungoy wrote:
Can I change my vote from chuck a Rama to golden corral? Because Id rather go to a buffet restaurant than Fudruckers. I mean don't get me wrong I like Fudruckers I'd just prefer a buffet style restaurant.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


We should just combine Golden Corral and Chuck-a-Rama. I would guesstimate that most people who have voted chuck-a-rama and Golden Corral feel the same way... :)

Yeah that pretty much is how I feel.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
B
Brayden Green
I really don't want to make "Wife of Hawkwing" cry, so now I don't know what to vote for... (Golden Corral is good stuff though, I vouch for it.)
G
Guest
Don't worry about the Wife, I may be sleeping on the couch, but she'll be fine!
U
Ungoy
hawkwing wrote:
Don't worry about the Wife, I may be sleeping on the couch, but she'll be fine!

:lol:
E
EM_Puma
jmvcougar wrote:
jmvcougar wrote:
Can I change my vote from chuck a Rama to golden corral? Because Id rather go to a buffet restaurant than Fudruckers. I mean don't get me wrong I like Fudruckers I'd just prefer a buffet style restaurant.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


We should just combine Golden Corral and Chuck-a-Rama. I would guesstimate that most people who have voted chuck-a-rama and Golden Corral feel the same way... :)

Yeah that pretty much is how I feel.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


I agree. Buffet style is carrying the day.
Page 1 of 2
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.