Archived Topic

Ty Detmer Says Jake needs to be like Jimmer

by Y12 · 4/4/2011

Advertisement
Y
Y12
if he is going to be the next great BYU quarterback.



Ty also gives the scoop about how close he was or wasn't to being a BYU assistant Coach.



http://bluecougarfootball.blogspot.com/2011/04/ty-detmer-talks-about-jake-heaps-and.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;



He talks about his family and professional life building a football program at St. Andrew's in Austin, TX.



If you are going to the BYU game vs. Texas in Austin, he also gives his recommendations for where to eat.
C
Cougarbib
Well worth reading if you like objectivity and wisdom. Best of all - Detmer is a BYU guy through and through.
C
CougarClaw
I love the part where he goes "if offered, I'd seriously consider it" and "if i were going to coach college, it would be BYU"
S
scott715
Great indepth interview.
C
CAFB_04-12
Cool interview. I'm going try to make my road trip plans with a visit to the Friday night lights at his high school.
Advertisement
Y
YBrit
He's a good natured guy but one tough SOB. I reckon' he'll be coaching within a few years at BYU. Doman will have so much success he'll want to really focus on OC responsibility and Ty will deliver in Provo again.
S
SpiffCoug
YBrit wrote:
He's a good natured guy but one tough SOB. I reckon' he'll be coaching within a few years at BYU. Doman will have so much success he'll want to really focus on OC responsibility and Ty will deliver in Provo again.

Ty Detmer is 44 right now. In a few years he'll be pushing 50 - kind of late to get your start in the college football coaching world.
S
Schmoe
SpiffCoug wrote:
He's a good natured guy but one tough SOB. I reckon' he'll be coaching within a few years at BYU. Doman will have so much success he'll want to really focus on OC responsibility and Ty will deliver in Provo again.

Ty Detmer is 44 right now. In a few years he'll be pushing 50 - kind of late to get your start in the college football coaching world.


Is it though?
B
blue42
One of my favorite quotes from the article.



Detmer continued, “I am down here, don't get up there very often. I am glad they are going independent, so I can see them on TV a lot more.”



+1000
S
SpiffCoug
Schmoe wrote:
YBrit wrote:
He's a good natured guy but one tough SOB. I reckon' he'll be coaching within a few years at BYU. Doman will have so much success he'll want to really focus on OC responsibility and Ty will deliver in Provo again.

Ty Detmer is 44 right now. In a few years he'll be pushing 50 - kind of late to get your start in the college football coaching world.


Is it though?

Yes, I think it is.
Advertisement
S
Schmoe
SpiffCoug wrote:
SpiffCoug wrote:
He's a good natured guy but one tough SOB. I reckon' he'll be coaching within a few years at BYU. Doman will have so much success he'll want to really focus on OC responsibility and Ty will deliver in Provo again.

Ty Detmer is 44 right now. In a few years he'll be pushing 50 - kind of late to get your start in the college football coaching world.


Is it though?

Yes, I think it is.

Welp, ok then.
B
BYULV
Schmoe wrote:
Schmoe wrote:
YBrit wrote:
He's a good natured guy but one tough SOB. I reckon' he'll be coaching within a few years at BYU. Doman will have so much success he'll want to really focus on OC responsibility and Ty will deliver in Provo again.

Ty Detmer is 44 right now. In a few years he'll be pushing 50 - kind of late to get your start in the college football coaching world.


Is it though?

Yes, I think it is.

Welp, ok then.


I would agree with him being too old in general, but since we are talking about a guy who is just a few years out of retirement from playing in the NFL for greater than 10 years, has a coaching mindset and a football intellect far above the usual first time college coach, I would wager that he would do just fine starting out at this age.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.