Archived Topic

Recruiting Services

by jvquarterback · 4/4/2011

Advertisement
J
jvquarterback
So I'm considering biting the bullet and paying for rivals or scout. Which do you guys think is better? Or should I just wait for you guys to list the players considering/pursued by BYU and then take a look at the youtube vids like I've been doing? I'm just not sure that you get much out of the recruiting services. And I don't have 80K to drop like these guys so if anyone knows how to get a discount that would be great.



http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=6275253" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
S
scott715
I don't have subscriptions but I think Scout is much better for BYU news. I am thinking of getting a subscription from them.
J
jonnylingo
scout no question for byu is better. total blue sports is great for recruiting news. their chat room is really what you are paying for.
E
EM_Puma
Last I knew, Rivals didn't have much of local representation. It's no doubt that you ought to give Scout (Total Blue Sports) a shot. I've loved my connection with them.



It's been awhile since I even checked Rival as I know a few years ago they were trying to get some local folks to build up the site, but it would just be difficult to justify it as even the Scout site, which gives excellent reporting beyond what you see here and in the papers (as they get a lot of their leads from Total Blue Sports), still doesn't roll in any dough. Last I knew, Brandon Gurney was delivering pizza's, but now that he's also doing so routine writing for Des News, then maybe he's been able to drop that job.



The beauty for Scout is that you can pay monthly if you want to and it's only something like $9.95, just the price of a super-sized meal.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.