Archived Topic

Boise State just got TWO-upped

by Mars · 4/3/2011

Advertisement
Y
YBrit
The field of play is becoming a joke.



Thanks, BS. The one contribution you have given college sports will be remembered for the colors in a clowns wig being placed on the turf.



BS, EW...most recent CenArk.



Is this the XFL? Can't wait for the utes to follow along, maybe they'll put something that resonates with their IQ: shapes and colors all over the field.
U
urroner
[quote="YBrit"Can't wait for the utes to follow along, maybe they'll put something that resonates with their IQ: shapes and colors all over the field.[/quote]



Actually YBrit, if it was anything like their IQ, the field would be, like, 50 or 60 feet below ground level.
S
SpiffCoug
I think I like this field better than the blue and red fields.
B
BigCougsFan
What's this world coming to?



These guys said it will be a great recruiting tool? They must be stinking it up in football and will try anything to get their name out there.



Pretty soon 50% of all the fields will have crap like this. Only schools with tradition will keep it green.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
L
Lawboy
To be honest, I like this color scheme better than what BSU and EWU uses for a field. Having said that, still do not like it much at all.
M
Mars
BigCougsFan wrote:
Pretty soon 50% of all the fields will have crap like this. Only schools with tradition will keep it green.

Link please.



;)
B
BYULV
I thought there was a rule in div. I that the turf had to be green - any remember that? I think Boise was grandfathered in until they replaced the turf and then they were supposed to upgrade to the green, only when they replaced it most recently, a few years back, they somehow claimed they weren't replacing it, just repairing it or something like that to avoid changing to green. This all sounds familiar to me anyway.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
Spudman87
Does anyone else think this could be an April Fool's thing? It was put up on April 1, after all. Wasn't LSU reporting last year that they were doing purple turf or something like that for an April Fool's joke. Maybe it is just me. Pretty odd timing.
Y
YBrit
SpiffCoug wrote:
I think I like this field better than the blue and red fields.




Ya, I didn't get a headache looking at it, which is a first, I feel limited watching BS play at home on espn(no longer!) and on xbox, it just doesn't work for me. CenArks colors are easier to handle, still though, when BYU goes turf I sincerely hope it stays green. Blue EZs I'm all for, and BYU did it before utah did so it wouldn't be a ute-style "theft" of others.
Advertisement
Y
YBrit
http://image.cdnl3.xosnetwork.com/pics31/640/QX/QXQVJRCJCGFVSLJ.20100329211605.jpg" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">



In the end they talked about BS leading the way and then said: just kidding we're not dooshes.
C
CougarClaw
how do they get purple and orange grass?
M
Mars
CougarClaw wrote:
how do they get purple and orange grass?

They genetically spliced Kentucky Green-Fiber grass with Grape Koolaid. OH YEAH!
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.