Archived Topic

Emery's Technical

by Mowgli · 3/26/2011

Advertisement
M
Mowgli
This has been bugging me ever since I saw it. Fredette gets whistled for a charge on a bad call. The defensive guy was moving into him. Reggie Miller and Len Elmore both agree it was a bad call.



Emery did or said something to get t'd up. Rose was looking at the ref with disbelief in what I imagine was a conversation explaining the T.



Does anybody know what Emery did to get the T? :sick:
Y
Y 4 Ever
Mowgli wrote:
This has been bugging me ever since I saw it. Fredette gets whistled for a charge on a bad call. The defensive guy was moving into him. Reggie Miller and Len Elmore both agree it was a bad call.



Emery did or said something to get t'd up. Rose was looking at the ref with disbelief in what I imagine was a conversation explaining the T.



Does anybody know what Emery did to get the T? :sick:

He made a "negative gesture" - whatever the he'll that is.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
G
Gunk
Y 4 Ever wrote:
This has been bugging me ever since I saw it. Fredette gets whistled for a charge on a bad call. The defensive guy was moving into him. Reggie Miller and Len Elmore both agree it was a bad call.



Emery did or said something to get t'd up. Rose was looking at the ref with disbelief in what I imagine was a conversation explaining the T.



Does anybody know what Emery did to get the T? :sick:

He made a "negative gesture" - whatever the he'll that is.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


Are we talking about a frown, here?
C
CougarClaw
After the game it was reported as a negative gesture. During the game they said Emery "Said something" which he later denied.



It's not like those 2 extra points AND possession had any impact on a tie game that we lost in overtime though. :roll:
U
Ungoy
I heard on the radio on Friday that within a minute of real time, Emery is called for his T, and out in Anaheim, Kahwi Leonard is called for a questionable T as well. If I were a conspiracy theorist, I'd think there was something to that. As it is, very strange coincidence.



Bogud T on Emeru though. The refs definitely had some anti-BYU bias going on there. Not saying that it cost them the game, but it certainly didn't help having BYU play 5 on 8 all night.
Advertisement
S
Schmoe
There have been a lot of bogus technical foul calls this tourney, the one on Leonard was he was walking to the bench and Kemba was walking to his, they brushed shoulders and Kemba flopped like a rag doll, totally lame.
S
SpiffCoug
Kemba didn't flop on a touch from Kawhi. I think it was Tapley or a bench player.
B
Brayden Green
Emery, swiped his right arm. Like "brushing" away the call. (Like an "oh please" gesture) While moving down the court...



It was a reactionary move by an official after a stupid call.



You know the ref knows they made a bad call when they are looking for any sign to T a guy up after a call like that. And if that wasn't enough, Tyus practically stops the game after being called for an over the back with his complaining, standing there with his arms out guesturing. I'm sorry, but anyone in the nba would have been teed up for what Tyus did, and they owed us one. But they didn't call a T there, because it was a tied game with under 2 mins.



So it is okay to change the scope of the game when it is 5 mins left and a tie game, but not with 2 mins left.



A foul is a foul, no matter when it happens, and the players involved (how many fouls each one has, etc). A technical should follow the same rules, but it doesn't.



Overall good reffing for the game, but the T and non T showed horrible bias, or at least terrible judgment.
C
Cougs_Rule
after the bogus fredette charge when he was getiing pushed toward the charge and then the Rogers 3 where he got tackled and Rose blew up, I looked up at the scoreboard and saw the listed stats and saw that for the game, BYU had 20 fouls, Florida had 10 at that time, I thought, we're screwed and these refs are not calling it fair.

Whatever Emery said, though stupid, was called for.

I would not call that a good or fairly officiated game. The fact that we went to OT and still not in Double bonus was very much the refs impacting that game.

Granted, one more FT, one more rebound and chance at last shot, could have made the difference. And byu gave away that game.

But the refs did much to take it away prior.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
Cougs_Rule
I've never seen byu fans throw things on the floor--not that we don't have our faults as fans, but at the arena, it was painfully obvious to all of us there that the refs were not calling it fair. Why else would $ (if that's what it was) get thrown out on the floor?



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.