Archived Topic

Retire that 32!

by BoiseBYU · 3/25/2011

Advertisement
B
BoiseBYU
No need to wait
Y
YBrit
Amen. He graduated too. We've seen our last great guard for another 30 years. :~(
S
SpiffCoug
Have to wait 15 years.



Do we put Fredette on it or JImmer?
W
Wolverine
Jimmer!
L
Lawboy
YBrit wrote:
Amen. He graduated too. We've seen our last great guard for another 30 years. :~(


No way. We have DeMarcus coming in, Chatman coming in, and Coach Rose will keep locking up great recruits. Especially guards in his guard dominant offense. I am more worried about getting the next great post player way more than the next great guard. Everyone needs to pray for a miracle that Jabari Parker picks BYU. Land him, and the 2014 team will dominate.
Advertisement
H
HoosierCougar
Rose and Co. did a great job and will continue to do so.



My colleague and I were discussing this morning that the Jimmer experience will be a recruiting windfall for BYU. If BYU and Jimmer got this much national pub while playing their entire conference season on the molehill, imagine what will happen when they have another standout and decent distribution rights!
J
jonnylingo
Lawboy wrote:
Amen. He graduated too. We've seen our last great guard for another 30 years. :~(


No way. We have DeMarcus coming in, Chatman coming in, and Coach Rose will keep locking up great recruits. Especially guards in his guard dominant offense. I am more worried about getting the next great post player way more than the next great guard. Everyone needs to pray for a miracle that Jabari Parker picks BYU. Land him, and the 2014 team will dominate.


Sadly I think it will take more than praying to get parker in byu blue.
N
nuk13
Lawboy wrote:
Amen. He graduated too. We've seen our last great guard for another 30 years. :~(


No way. We have DeMarcus coming in, Chatman coming in, and Coach Rose will keep locking up great recruits. Especially guards in his guard dominant offense. I am more worried about getting the next great post player way more than the next great guard. Everyone needs to pray for a miracle that Jabari Parker picks BYU. Land him, and the 2014 team will dominate.



I agree. Montana has a system on their football team that passes down the number 37 to a defensive standout that the present wearer chooses. I like that far better than taking a number out of circulation.
S
stuckinbig10country
Took BYU 25 years to retire Ainge's jersey. My guess is that we'll be waiting a long time before Jimmer has his ceremony.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
SpiffCoug
Here's BYU criteria and how Jimmer is doing:

http://www.byucougars.com/Filing.jsp?ID=7301

-- First team All-American (Check)

-- Recipient of major national award (Check - or will be)

-- University graduate (??- I assume he's going to graduate)

-- Minimum 15-year waiting period (I know where I am for the 2026 home opener)

-- Significant accomplishments after BYU graduation (athletics, community, church) (hmm... so vague, but very doable)

-- Faithful member of LDS Church or other religious affiliation (Check - baring any unforseen falling away)
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.