Archived Topic

GREAT SEASON COUGARS! THANKS FOR EVERYTHING!

by bcsbound · 3/25/2011

Advertisement
B
bcsbound
NOTHING to be ashamed about! See ya in the NBA Jimmer! RISE AND SHOUT!
B
BYUROCKS
If, you had told me sweet 16, I would have said, DEAL, and we made it.
G
Guest
Jimmer is the PoY. This is easily the best basketball team we've had in Provo in 30 years. We had a sweet 16 run, despite serious adversity. This team has shown the world what BYU is all about. I'm glad to have been witness to it.
C
Cougarbib
hawkwing wrote:
Jimmer is the PoY. This is easily the best basketball team we've had in Provo in 30 years. We had a sweet 16 run, despite serious adversity. This team has shown the world what BYU is all about. I'm glad to have been witness to it.




We went into OT Vs a 2-seed - did everything expected of a 3-seed and way more than the world expected of this 3-seed. We proved we deserved every bit of that 3-seed. Florida had depth enough to have fresh legs - we did not. OT favored them this time.



Great Job Cougs - hated to see it end because it was such a great ride!
U
Ungoy
Well, great season Cougs! Loved watching The Jimmer grace us with his phenomenal play this year. We proved that this BYU team is no fluke. With Davies, we would've smoked this Florida team, without him, we were still very, very good.



Now, back to the football forums. :)
Advertisement
B
BoiseBYU
Thank you Coach Rose! Thank you Jimmer, Jackson and Logan. This was a season of memory and enjoyment!



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
I
idahocougarfan
This will be a season to remember!!
B
beauso79
AWE-SOME, AWE-SOME, AWE-SOME
B
BPcougs
AMAZING season, especially with all the adversity you had to go through. This season wont be forgotten for a LONG time. Thanks for all the memories!
W
wahdee
hawkwing wrote:
Jimmer is the PoY. This is easily the best basketball team we've had in Provo in 30 years. We had a sweet 16 run, despite serious adversity. This team has shown the world what BYU is all about. I'm glad to have been witness to it.


Well said bro, hold are heads high. Stalwart men, and true......... ;)
Advertisement
W
wiscobr
Thank you for the season to remember and for raising the bar for BYU in the future.
C
CougarClaw
I still want to cry.



happy and sad tears.
M
mormonrasta
Thanks Seniors. You've taken us to places we haven't been in a while. Underclassmen, you know what it takes to get to the next level. Go and do.
P
profgeek
You were a great representatives of BYU this year, both on and off the court. Amen to all the other comments here. Great season and one that will be talked about for many years to come.
G
Gunk
Proud to be a Coug.



At the beginning of the season I told myself I wouldn't be satisfied unless we made it to the Sweet 16. As frustrated as I am (we gift-wrapped that game), I'm content. Just frustrated by what could have been.
Advertisement
J
jonnylingo
I am proud to be a byu fan as well. I am so impressed with this team and the administration. proud of davies and how he manned up. proud of byu for sticking to their guns, proud of our guys and coaches somehow recovery so well after that.



just really impressive year, one to remember for a long time.
A
Alphaleonis
Ditto Lingo - Heisman trophies and National Championships are good, but between the Jimmer and spotlight on the HC, I think we got more positive pub this year than ever. If you were a kid from anywhere, of any religion, who wanted to live right, where would you want to attend school and play ball right now?
L
Lawboy
The thing I am most proud of is how BYU wins, and how they lose with class and dignity. We have no Trevon's on the team, no classless fools. If we had Davies, we still are dancing, but we do not, and the team and university handled it amazingly well, with an assist from BD. 2011-12 will be a fun year, but 2012-13 will be the start of some GREAT years.
Y
Ygridiron4ever
I willed myself to listen to the Herd this morning. It was painful! Fitting that it was raining on the commute this morning. Herd didn't say anything that I considered blatently wrong. He said the Jimmer craze was 20 percent talent and 80 percent "story of a good guy," hyped by the media. His numbers might be off, but I decided that in the big picture the story is way more important than the talent. So the comment is great by me!

Short-sighted people want to win the game more than anything else, and gentics and talent will play a huge role in that. But in the end, decent people, which still accounts for the vast majority of men and women struggling with life on this earth, would rather win on a different court. And that is what Jimmer and BYU did! I AM A BYU COUGAR!
J
jonnylingo
I realized last night that this team with davies would have had a legit shot at the title. i also realized that this team without davies was still a legit final four team. florida was playing well and we were playing average or below average and we still could have one if a few easy layups would have just gone in or any other small thing happened differently.



youve got to give it up to this team for their resiliencey and toughness. seriously awesome.



the reason we were better this year i think though is that defensively we were a much better team.
Page 1 of 2
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.