Archived Topic

The Mtn Ecstatic About Calhoun's Comment

by storminmormon · 3/23/2011

Advertisement
S
storminmormon
It took no time for The Mtn to twitter out this gem:


Jim Calhoun said he thinks Kawhi Leonard has a better future in basketball than, "the guy at BYU."
L
Lawboy
First off, Calhoun has his own guy who is probably going to be runner up to Jimmer for POY. Second, he is playing SDSU, so of course he talks up Leonard at the expense of Jimmer. I could care less what Calhoun has to say. Dude is a dirty cheater whose opinion means nothing. And here, he is a biased moron. Ignore him.
S
stuckinbig10country
Umm, he's only saying what about 90% of people believe. It was kind of rude of him to not use a name, but Calhoun is a douche bag. Has been for awhile. Although, I thought it was awesome when he tore into that "reporter" a few years ago. Then again, I generally hate journalists, and find if funny when coaches go after them, even if I don't necessarily like the coach (Knight, Boylen, Calhoun).
A
ABYUFAN
Jimmer will be in the NBA when the mtn goes forever "off the air" :lol: :crazy:
B
billbillbillbill
As I was channel surfing yesterday, I noticed they were replaying the New Mexico home vs BYU game then after that was the Tournament finals game. I tried to figure out the logic but I guess it was just play the BYU loses day on the MTN.



That said, I have tried to give the MTN the benefit of the doubt in the belief that they are poor losers against us. Tweets like that one put me over the top. What benefit is there to post that?
Advertisement
U
Ungoy
When was the last time anyone saw a pro-BYU tweet from the MWC or the mtn? I haven't seen many recently. As far as the Mountain Worst Conference is concerned, there's only one conference team in the Sweet 16, and it isn't BYU.



Losers. The mtn. and the MWC can go roast in Hell.
T
tmoney35
I think it's safe to say that both Jimmer and Leonard have a better future in basketball than the mtn
B
BoiseBYU
There's still a Mtn?!?!?
U
Ungoy
New Tweet from Wrubell:



"MWC Commissioner Craig Thompson representing the league in Anaheim with SDSU. Associate Commissioner Dan Butterly in New Orleans with BYU."



Well of course The Hair is in Anaheim. Did anyone expect him to be watching BYU?



My question: What does The Hair do if SDSU loses to UCONN, and BYU beats Florida? Does The Hair support BYU openly at that point or does he stay home?
S
SenorCougar
Who is this Kawhi guy anyway? Who is Calhoun? Who is The Hair? What is the MTN? Now everyone knows who Jimmer is. Go ahead, make Jimmer's day. He loves it......
Advertisement
K
Kbear
Don't dis the Jimmer....He will make you pay! :)
E
EM_Puma
There's one thing to burn your own bridge, but for your conference to set it a-blaze over and over again is something I don't know that I have ever witnessed before.
Y
YBrit
dooshes attract.
Y
YBrit
Strange how they are acting like they are as excited to get rid of us as we are of them.



What's in it for them?



let's look at it from their perspective:

1-No more religious bull, schedule lots of sunday games

2-No more crying from hundreds of thousands of fans from around the country

3-No more complaints from all other conference schools that BYU is taking up all their seats in their venues

4-No more having to pay off refs to create control

5-No more one-sided perceived rivalries (meaning everyone considers BYU their rival)

6-No more arguing against highly educated admin/lawyers that still found a way to get Y games of many sports on a real national netowkr

7-No more worrying about a 60 million dollar mystery building that went up in Provo that had lots of fancy cameras and a big moving truck with offices and computers.

8-Now only people will watch the mtn from regional areas: Evanston, Ft Collins, Boise, Albuquerque, parts of San Diego (neighborhoods really) so losing the Utah market will actually help their advertisers interests

9-No more National Premier Academic Athletes (Y football always has most)

10-No more Y domination of all olympic sports

11-No more visits to clean and beautiful city of Provo

12-No more pressure to increase expectations of professionalism and journalism (be open about awful standards of H Thompson)



"My name is Hair Thompson, and I approve this message, BYU Wildcats suck"
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.