Archived Topic

Doman's Offense

by Wickchad · 3/22/2011

Advertisement
W
Wickchad
Have there been any reports as to how Doman's offense differs from prior years? I know they have said that most snaps will be under center, but that is about the only difference I have picked up from articles so far. I'm guessing that the offensive line splits are no longer wide? Anyone picked up any of the nuances of the new offense yet?
S
SpiffCoug
It sounds like we're going down field more. Realistically, we won't know how different it is until 3 Sept.
R
redneckjedi
'Bout time! When you have an arm like Heaps' in your arsenal, it would be just plain stupid not to stretch the field vertically. If you make the defense cover ALL of an area 55 yards wide and 30+ yards deep, someone will be open every single time, especially in college football.
C
CougarClaw
The less we know, the less our opponents will know.



I think this is especially important given how front loaded our schedule is.
Y
YBrit
CougarClaw wrote:
The less we know, the less our opponents will know.



I think this is especially important given how front loaded our schedule is.


A huge mistake was made last year, and the fact 2010 was front loaded, could be a preparing element in helping BYU do better in 2011. "There is a feeling that this could be the year..."
Advertisement
J
jonnylingo
under the doman offense it is going to be a lot harder for the defense to know what play we are calling. more deception.



good thing the mwc refs won't be around to give deceiving the defense penalties.
B
BroncoBot
Who will be calling the shots now that we won't have the mtn lining us up with their superiorly talented group of zebras?
B
BYUcougfan
I hope they found someone who will run under the ball. Last year there were lots of balls where while they were in the air I thought it was a TD, only to see it fall to the grass and the receiver 5 yards away.
C
Cougs_Rule
its going to be a show. what a year w hoops dreams and a sizzling football offense.

It will turn from the Jimmer show to the Jake show....and dont think that ESPN isnt licking their chops, just hoping Jake is ready for primetime.
F
Florwood
At least coach doman shouldn't serve time, since this is his first offense.
Advertisement
F
Florwood
At least coach doman shouldn't serve time, since this is his first offense.
Y
YBrit
BYUcougfan wrote:
I hope they found someone who will run under the ball. Last year there were lots of balls where while they were in the air I thought it was a TD, only to see it fall to the grass and the receiver 5 yards away.




I put blame on WRs for not being fast enough...or worse...



I drove from Lubbock TX to the AFA game in sep. I missed BYUs first TD drive because of bad traffic and there is only 1 way to get to AF. Anyways, as I got in straight to my seat I was literally 8 yards away from the target-meaning where the ball landed-Ashworth was wide open heading for the endzone and quit. He QUIT! He stopped, ended his route, got bored, gave up, and the ball bounced 2 feet in front of him. 2 feet, not even 1 yard.



That's when I officially began my disdain for WRs. Thankfully there was a turn around when Bronco laid the smack down (remember that?) but things never got good enough (see utah game) and Cahoon and Doman are monumental hires that shall help Apo, Hoffman, et al., become historical playmakers. I expect by the end of their careers to have forgotten Collie and Pitta.
B
BroncoBot
YBrit wrote:
I hope they found someone who will run under the ball. Last year there were lots of balls where while they were in the air I thought it was a TD, only to see it fall to the grass and the receiver 5 yards away.




I put blame on WRs for not being fast enough...or worse...



I drove from Lubbock TX to the AFA game in sep. I missed BYUs first TD drive because of bad traffic and there is only 1 way to get to AF. Anyways, as I got in straight to my seat I was literally 8 yards away from the target-meaning where the ball landed-Ashworth was wide open heading for the endzone and quit. He QUIT! He stopped, ended his route, got bored, gave up, and the ball bounced 2 feet in front of him. 2 feet, not even 1 yard.



That's when I officially began my disdain for WRs. Thankfully there was a turn around when Bronco laid the smack down (remember that?) but things never got good enough (see utah game) and Cahoon and Doman are monumental hires that shall help Apo, Hoffman, et al., become historical playmakers. I expect by the end of their careers to have forgotten Collie and Pitta.

Sorry, not gonna happen.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.